onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

When we are in admin and the board have gone...

deantaberner

What type of attendances do you think we can get to help the club out of this woeful mess?

Most clubs that go into admin are well and truly in the crap by the time it hits the fan, but we aren't like any other club as we've seen.

Could we be drawing in attendances of 10k a home game to save our club?

Was it 8k that we got for a midweek match against shrewsbury last year or the year before I think it is now?

I think when it really matters and all of the money is going to be going into saving us we could easily be attracting 10k+ a home game.

What are everybody elses thoughts?

Advert

What type of attendances do you think we can get to help the club out of this woeful mess?

Most clubs that go into admin are well and truly in the crap by the time it hits the fan, but we aren't like any other club as we've seen.

Could we be drawing in attendances of 10k a home game to save our club?

Was it 8k that we got for a midweek match against shrewsbury last year or the year before I think it is now?

I think when it really matters and all of the money is going to be going into saving us we could easily be attracting 10k+ a home game.

What are everybody elses thoughts?

Prices would be crucial for some but when there is no trace of the board at the club I'll be back like a shot the same as many more I'm sure.

My time has been at a premium for some time now (uni, volunteer work, part time work), so Vale have slipped down my list of priorities, especially with the current lot in charge. But, if we were to get rid and have a fresh start, a new bright outlook, I would bump them up my list of priorities and take in as many games as possible.

Pricing will be the issue for most though.

Crowds will be practically the same, maybe a couple hundred more.

The issue for stay aways is lack of success. Until we start achieving something again it will remain that way

Surely attending in masses and saving the club will be the biggest success any vale fan will have seen in their lifetime??

Crowds will be practically the same, maybe a couple hundred more.

The issue for stay aways is lack of success. Until we start achieving something again it will remain that way

I haven't been on here for a while and you've just reminded me why.. We are Vale fans in the main, success happens rarely but we're Vale fans if we hankered after success we would be glory hunting ManU, ManC, Liv.. Need I go on? We are Vale fans not success fans (although it was and is nice).. Off on another sabbatical now see ya

Much as I'd love to see regular crowds of 10,000-plus at Vale Park, it is not going to happen in the foreseeable future.

Even in the mid-1990s, two divisions higher, with considerable numbers of visiting fans, we never averaged 10,000 per home game over a whole season, and in games where there were not big away followings the gate was 5000 to 7000, sometimes less.

Bearing in mind that Stoke were not successful at the time, and they are now, and we had Sir John and his brilliant teams, it proves that levels of support of 10,000 or so are pie in the sky.

Whatever happens in the future at Vale, the last thing anyone needs is for the club to budget on gates that they can't get.

Archived