onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

If Grew doesn't get it..

suge1w

Will he be happy to continue on or do you think he will leave to seek management opportunities elsewhere? What of the Horse also? Any new manager we appoint from now on should have the right to bring in their own backroom staff who will probably be tuned in immediately to how he wants to play.

I'm not talking about just a fitness and goalkeeping coach like what happened with Gannon, i'm talking about a complete overhaul of the staff from scouts, coaches and assistants.

Advert

Firstly, I don't think Grew will get it. The managerial appointment is the only hand the Board have left to play....they will want to make a decent, 'name' appointment when the first ST deadline passes and they realise that league 2 football and a lower budget is of no draw to the paying public.

Secondly, with that in mind you'd expect the Horse to leave unless by some twist of fate the new manager is someone from Horsfield's past who wishes to work with him straight off.

Grew has overseen the reigns of the last 6 managers and with more clean sheets (I think, unless Stevenage have surpassed that record too) than anyone else at this point they may see him as an asset to the 'Keeping staff.

Will he be happy to continue on or do you think he will leave to seek management opportunities elsewhere? What of the Horse also? Any new manager we appoint from now on should have the right to bring in their own backroom staff who will probably be tuned in immediately to how he wants to play.

I'm not talking about just a fitness and goalkeeping coach like what happened with Gannon, i'm talking about a complete overhaul of the staff from scouts, coaches and assistants.

With Bratt&Co's budget next season,Grew will be working on his own, unless they can match the investment Chaudry is prepared to put in,if they can match it at least the club will be set up properly for the first time in years

==============================

He probably won't get it if we go up. He definitely won't get it if we stay down. We need someone with contacts with the view to bringing in players who are better than what we have. We will need at least four or five decent additions to our team to survive in league one, but Grew won't have the experience to bring that type of calibre in. We need to give 'the micky test' another go, ie. Get someone in who is similar to Adams. Or we could just get Knill in like I have been saying since Micky left. Bury would be forced to get rid if him if virtually any reasonable cash offer came in. They are in a worse financial situation than us.

There was a selection of out of work managers sitting in the Lorne Street Saturday, Steve Staunton, Aidy Boothroyd, Alan Irvine, were all there watching the game. Apparently if compensation can be found the smart money is going on Coleman from Accrington. Id personally give Boothroyd a go if we could afford his wages, and not till next season unless he has found a job by then.

There was a selection of out of work managers sitting in the Lorne Street Saturday, Steve Staunton, Aidy Boothroyd, Alan Irvine, were all there watching the game. Apparently if compensation can be found the smart money is going on Coleman from Accrington. Id personally give Boothroyd a go if we could afford his wages, and not till next season unless he has found a job by then.

I agree it would be Boothroyd all day long for me, he seems a similar character to Micky Adams.

Guest Tony Dyche
For reasons stated above. He will obviously get the last 8 games.

And if he does well in them does he not deserve an opportunity, should be apply for it?

I agree it would be Boothroyd all day long for me, he seems a similar character to Micky Adams.

His win record was almost identical to Adams at Sheff utd in his last Job - so yes there are similarities - except Bothroyd got the sack - micky half a job is still hanging on somehow - perhaps Sheff Utd are missing the Sheffield derby games against Weds.:)

Lets hope V2001 arent suckered again by some out of work "has been" wielding a laptop and a powerpiont presentation from the Andy Gray school of punditary.:ohmy:

His win record was almost identical to Adams at Sheff utd in his last Job - so yes there are similarities - except Bothroyd got the sack - micky half a job is still hanging on somehow - perhaps Sheff Utd are missing the Sheffield derby games against Weds.:)

Lets hope V2001 arent suckered again by some out of work "has been" wielding a laptop and a powerpiont presentation from the Andy Gray school of punditary.:ohmy:

Never thought i would read two posts in a week from you Fatboy and agree, Bravo. :D

Archived