onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Sat 14th Jan - action?

Bede

The discussion on here highlights the fundamental problem. No direction and no leadership (amongst fans and the club). What needs to happen is the supporters club decides the most effective way to protest and then broadcasts it everywhere all week. Without direction protests will continue to be lacklustre. I await instructions but currently planning to go on Saturday.

This thread is basically asking for suggestions.

Advert

How's about it is organised that all Vale fans turn away from the pitch at kick off and spend 5-15 mins facing the wrong way like the Poznan, while obviously sinking anti-board songs?

I would suggest selling cheap t shirts for say a quid for people to wear with the front say having a sponsor of these shirts on it, and then the back being red with were coming to get you on it? Obviously it's too short notice tho

How about Pete Williams contacting The Sun newspaper they pay for stories and this one would certainly get Murdochs men going especially as we have evidence of corruption/wrongdoing/misleading comments/shares not paid for, to me this makes sense and now that writs are being served on the alledged offenders by the SC legal team surely now is the time to go down this path.What do you think...Pro Mo here we go with Simmo....

ps.No point telling the Sentinel or Radio Stoke anything totally biased as we heard on P&G

The Sentinel was previously very bias,maybe ignorant to the situation.But now we have Martin Tideswell on the SC panel,supporting us.He has done some great articles in the Sentinel recently.I think he is also the assistant editor which puts him in a very good position.

We need to do something that is visual, that is legal but causes embarrassment to the Board, sponsors and visitors to the club.

Just a suggestion, but why doesn't everyone go to the game as usual and say 15 mins into the match everyone who wishes to protest does so by getting up from their seats and moves via the track to say the Bycars Stand. En-masse the stewards/police would not be in a position to stop everyone.

(a few fans went under the condemned bycars stand to get away from the heavy rain years ago and they refused to move. It caused a fuss and in the end Bill Bell came out from the directors box to talk to the supporters. Point is everyone in the ground was aware of what was happening.)

Once in the designated stand we could do our own thing be it red cards, banners, chants, t-shirts but the point is we would be as one all together and maybe the odd supporter would join us simply be they have the "sheep mentally" of just following everyone else.

The Sentinel was previously very bias,maybe ignorant to the situation.But now we have Martin Tideswell on the SC panel,supporting us.He has done some great articles in the Sentinel recently.I think he is also the assistant editor which puts him in a very good position.

Thanks Melv I agree regarding Martin,but just felt that knowing what we know about the fraudulent goings on a national might like to know maybe Martin could be the link

Thanks Melv I agree regarding Martin,but just felt that knowing what we know about the fraudulent goings on a national might like to know maybe Martin could be the link

I asked Martin at one of the SC meeting's think it was the Smallthorne Victory club one.If I remember right he said "they wouldn't really be interested" But it might just be that now legal people are involved they just might be a little more interested.But he is in prime position to know how and when would be the right time.I'm confident that if he thought there was any milage in it,anything to be gained then he would then take this very route.While I do agree with your point,let's just leave that call to Martin.

Its interesting that Coventry appear to be in similar situation. Think the FA cup highlights program at stupid o clock said 200 supporters took part?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/feedarticle/10026523

http://www.coventryobserver.co.uk/2012/01/07/sport-Fans-set-to-protest-over-City-owners-26611.html

I think CV Council own the ground and the hospitality facilities, I dont how much rent they pay to the council but money down the drain.

some of my thoughts

if there is to be a protest of any sort it needs to be led by the supporters club it has the power to galvinise the masses, but of course they are limited to what they can legally ask people to do

i dont think a total boycott will work and we are close now to those who would go stand and watch a pile of poo running round the pitch anyway, people are voting with their feet the gates are in decline i would be suprised if the gate is over 4k next week

direct action may work the stoke way but we need at least 100 with the mindset to do it

i believe security will be tight next week with clive and his buddies in attendance

i must say it is very frustrating, i feel like i could go up and physically eject them from the ground, throw them out of the club, i would imagine many feel the same

I think CV Council own the ground and the hospitality facilities, I dont how much rent they pay to the council but money down the drain.

which I guess could happen to us if we went to admin? I think Darlo also have issues with council and their debt appears to be to big for anyone to take on.

Archived