onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Hardest Day in 37 Years

adrianf

Today is going to hard for me personally as it will be the first time in 37 years that I have voluntarily missed a match a Vale Park. Prior to this, I have only missed a game due to sickness, holiday or work.

My heart keeps telling me I should go and I even woke this morning thinking, "Yes, Vale match!" but my head is very much ruling and I must follow through with my commitment to never revisit until the parasites in our Boardroom are gone and real, sustainable and meaningful change is implemented.

Post below if you are joining me in sitting this one out. ===

Advert

Today is going to hard for me personally as it will be the first time in 37 years that I have voluntarily missed a match a Vale Park. Prior to this, I have only missed a game due to sickness, holiday or work.

My heart keeps telling me I should go and I even woke this morning thinking, "Yes, Vale match!" but my head is very much ruling and I must follow through with my commitment to never revisit until the parasites in our Boardroom are gone and real, sustainable and meaningful change is implemented.

Post below if you are joining me in sitting this one out. ===

Adrian, you will have plenty of support in your personal challenge :yes:

===

Just flown in from Abu Dhabi and normally I would be looking forward to one of my few matches of the season, along with a few family members.

Today I will be abstaining from that pleasure, as will my family........very sad but neccessary.

I stuck to my vow this season and have not set foot inside Vale Park yet.

Missing Crawley killed me and I decided to get out of Staffordshire for the day for my own sanity.

The sad thing is, I'm used to not going now and actually enjoy having a full weekend to myself to either go climbing /mountaineering more or simply to get more done at work.

Today will be my first return to Vale Park on a matchday and I hope that a good number of fans can join us for the long term benefit to Port Vale. This is more important now than ever before.

I stuck to my vow this season and have not set foot inside Vale Park yet.

Missing Crawley killed me and I decided to get out of Staffordshire for the day for my own sanity.

The sad thing is, I'm used to not going now and actually enjoy having a full weekend to myself to either go climbing /mountaineering more or simply to get more done at work.

Today will be my first return to Vale Park on a matchday and I hope that a good number of fans can join us for the long term benefit to Port Vale. This is more important now than ever before.

Are you entering the Ground though Bede.......I onna.

I hope John Amos (Carpetman) has that mobile food van on his shop site, and he hope he has some soup and hot coffee on.....He could be a very busy bloke today.

They might stop you taking anything hot not bought from the club onto club land,due to H&S.Someone might slip and scald themselves;)

I still haven't entered the ground since the last match of last season. Its hard, but I'm really glad I didn't cave in, as i always felt there just wasn't enough positive change at VP for me to return. I'm saddened to be proven correct, but hopefully this will be my only exiled season.

Will you still be protesting Adrian?

We need as many there as possible and as many staying outside, during the match too

It sounds like a cop out but I will not be protesting for two reasons. The first and most important is that because of my work, I need to stay away from anything that could result in trouble (I am not saying the protest will turn nasty but these things can get out of hand even if its down to one or two idiots) - basically if I was arrested and charged (which can happen even though you have done nowt) then I would lose my job no arguments. Secondly, I just need to stay away otherwise I will find it really, really hard - I know it sounds daft but I feel as disloyal as if I was having an affair behind my wifes back - this really is going to kill me ===

I will be there is spirit though so good luck to all

Archived