onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Matt Sandoz

Stafford Valiant

Guys,

When listening to Radio Stoke its obvious that the hosts do not know the ins and outs of our issues. The chap this morning did a good job but Sandoz is the main man, possibly Acres as well. Can we not get into contact with Matt and personally invite him to the next supporters club meet??

We need to ensure that people like Sandoz fully understand the issues. If we/the supporters club can build a good relationship with him it could work wonders for the battle ahead.

There is no point bashing the lad every time he fails to ask the right questions. Let's work to get him inside.

Advert

If he doesn't know the ins and outs when it has been splashed across the sentinel all week then he doesn't deserve to be even acknowledged as a journalist. Even a primary school kid could research that in 30 seconds.

The other option is that he does know, and that he is too wet to weak to ask anything like a searching question to these people.

Either way, he is worse than useless to us.

Its not good enough.

if i worked for Radio Stoke as a presenter ( and i do know my onions here as i worked for BRMB in Brum, on the Sport section having to interview footballers/managers etc ) the first thing you do is research your clubs.

Go on messageboards, speak to people.

He only has 3 clubs to worry about -and two of them are pretty straight forward at the moment.

Its not an excuse to say " i was not aware ".

Its for this reason that i think he is not doing a great job.

He doesn't know what he's talking about and moreover he has no inclination to find out. He seems to view anybody campaigning for change as a trouble maker trying to rock the boat. Once you scratch the surface he hasn't got a clue - just a few key phrases read in preparation which are recycled and distorted.

All of the comments above are not going to get him inside though are they. You have all missed my point.

Maybe he does have the info right under his nose. So what? The fact is, we need him onside and we need to form a good relationship with him.... before PM and PD do... it will certainly be at the top of their agenda to get the media inside and that only comes from relationships.

I heard praise and grumble. One caller used the word "shysters". He said something along the lines of -you cant come on to the programme and use language like that". Unless he was worried about libel based on the definition of shysters, it sounded like he didnt actually know what the word meant and was worried that the caller had sworn!

Archived