onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

MA - Whats on your mind?

Stafford Valiant

You have arrived back at a club following a failed attempt at keeping your local club in the division.

The fanbase, in general has huge respect for what you did the first time around and we are led to believe that the players are delighted at your return.

We loved your post-match interviews. The passion and commitment, it was there for us all to hear.

Within a short time of you arriving back at VP you have probably quickly realised the issues at the club and the split in the fan base. On top of that, you probably had a good working relationship with Bill Bratt (or why else would you have come back?).

Bratt is gone, forced out by the fanbase and some 'potential' incoming directors/investment folk.

Perry Deakin presumably becomes your closest contact - to the fans, he seems to be a bit of a used car salesman and is often caught out with contradictory statements. I wonder how you get on with him? Is the relationship as good as it was with Bill Bratt?

Now Bratt is gone, I wonder whether you are still in contact with him. Does he provide insider information on the goings on at the club?

The reason that I ask this is that your post match interviews of late seem to be below-par. The passion and energy doesn't seem quite right. It's not how it was. If it's not there for you, how can it be there for the players? We all want the old Micky Adams back!

The club has announced £8M in investment. Did you fall off your seat reading this? Were you worried that the new investment team would want a new man in charge or were you re-assured that your job was safe?

A new chairman has arrived. The fans don't know him. Do you? Are you still 'strictly footballing matters' or are outside influences becoming involved in your day to day work.

We hear that you don't need any new loan signings. At the same time we seem to have a slight issue with the £8M investment. Well, a slight issue with the original £150K. Were you promised some money to strengthen the team?

We now hear that you do need some new loan signings. Who are the folk at VP that you need to talk to about signing some new players? Is it just targets you need to discuss or how much money is available? Is there money available or are you/we being lied to? I guess we will find out very soon.

The internet forums are on fire at the moment. The talk on the street is that we are close to going into administration. Are you aware of these rumours? Are the players aware of these rumours? Are your staff aware of these rumours? If so, this surely must be having an impact on the players mentally.

We look to be underperfoming. At least that's how I see it. I certainly don't want to think that the last time you were here, the same crop of players were actually over-performing.

I want the old Micky Adams back.

There maybe numerous outside influences at the moment. There maybe conflicting stories, internal politics and in-fighting, but please stand firm and be strong.

Our club needs you more than ever.

Advert

Yes, he isn't himself. Maybe his stint on the board has brought him face to face with the stark reality of our position? Dunno. He needs to get his mojo back quickly though. A few brave decisions over Christmas as to who to let go to free up some money for one or two to bring in would be good. This squad isn't up to it - and I think he knows it.

"I was thinking last night that the stint at Sheffield United with their losing streak and relegation, must have put a dent in his confidence."

Yeah, maybe. Difficult to just bounce back I suppose, but we need him to rediscover his old winning ways quickly. We're 13th, and going nowhere fast.

For me, I don't see it as the number one issue. He left SheffU and it didn't work out. I think that his issue is here and now, not something from the past.

"I was thinking last night that the stint at Sheffield United with their losing streak and relegation, must have put a dent in his confidence."

Yeah, maybe. Difficult to just bounce back I suppose, but we need him to rediscover his old winning ways quickly. We're 13th, and going nowhere fast.

He has bounced back in the past, maybe he should have had a break, but with his experiences at Fulham, Brighton, and Leicester, should have the resilience to cope. Shortage of funds is a different matter, as is the respect of the players.

Archived