onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Rallying cry to the Vale squad

NZ Valiant

Hi guys,

Very very painful to see what is happening to this club..Its time to say something.. My grandparents used to live towards the top of Hamil Road, and I never forgot the days where you could actually hear a huge roar every time we scored.. We are in deep trouble and we need to get behind the team to try and drag ourselves out of this mess. Once you drop to the conference it can take years to get out, now for one reason or another the team is not trying hard enough, stuff is being kept under wraps. Remember this is the same team that walloped the league leaders and beat a top half team in league 1. We arnt that bad on our day.. Why can't we show some guts, I did, managed to get an NZ passport and live in Oz, no family around to molly coddle u, its high time for these players to show some spirit and some fight and make us proud we support this team.

Message to Aspin, get on the phone to Micky Adams, as you are doing exactly what he did at tranmere, he had the initial bounce but couldn't save them, you too had the initial bounce but it's heading in the same direction, he will have regrets about what happened there, share the info and get us out if this mess. I've no doubt there's enough in this team to drag us out of it, but we need the never say die spirit, don't give me a non league team to go back too.

To the fans we are all frustrated but we need to back the manager and players. The players also need to know the existence of this club means the world.

To Smurf, if you care back us, if you don't do one, its that simple, your the chairman so it all rests with you what u feel, we can back you but you have to show some spirit too, it was your choice to purchase us after all.

To the pope your giving everything I know, to Booty well done on a great performance, now let's get the lads over the line

Can't wait to have a few Titanic's in the Bulls head again

Let's do this!

Tommy

Advert

The players should not need a rallying call.

They are professionals, either playing for a contract here or putting themselves in the shop window to go elsewhere.

Its well know the hatred/concern/disgust for our Owner. It's well known the frustration/disbelief at certain performances from the players and management. At the end of the day we are saddled with what we now have until this disastrous season ends.

The fans will still support the Club. The fans will still, rightly criticise what is going on.

If the players cannot do their jobs now, and haven't for quite a while, I cannot see that they need a rallying call. What they need is frankly to be put out to pasture and allowed to rot.

I personally, in our current position, would rather watch a Team full of triers who may not be talented as at least they will attempt to get something out of the game. The so called ageing pros we have that are constantly chosen have not done the business when required. we can all see this but it seems that it's escaping those in charge.

I am not aiming too much criticism at Aspin and his assistants but they have to carry some responsibility for the dross we they serving up. The main reason we are in this mess are the players. We acknowledge that they are not top class performers or they would be playing at a higher level. Some frankly are lucky to be playing League football at all. For Vale to save this season the players have to look at themselves and admit they are priviledged to play the sacred game. We know from some games this season that we have the ability to secure a place in this god awful division so what is preventing the accumulation of points? simple....the players attitudes.

If management can see, like us fans, which players are not actually doing what they are paid for then they should be taken out of the squad. As we have no world beaters does it matter if we have to play so called younger, inexperienced lads in the Team? Why are we continuing with the same old, same old as far as personnel and tactics are concerned?

Rallying calls are fine, IF players and management take heed. Basically the players need an almighty kick up the backside but I wonder if that's what they are getting?

Archived