onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Torquay - £5 ticket offer

Santa

Advert

1) I'm a ST holder and to be honest I would rather see more supports at the game than worry that the bloke standing next to me has paid a few quid less than I have.

2) There have been many post and comments on this site stating that the club should reduce prices to attract more supports and when they do they get slated!

3) Not only do they get slated but then we get so called supports saying not they are not going to attend at any price - supports, do me a favour!!!

Reduce prices yes.

Make it so we will fall well short of making as much money as charging full price, no.

For me they should reduce prices for the big games. We are going to get bumper crowds already, reward the fans with cheaper tickets (£15 is cheap enough if we are doing well enough), and persuade them who um and arr about going to turn up. We make a fair sum and get a larger crowd, everyone is happy. Even better, cut prices when we are on a bit of a run (chance would be a fine thing) and capitalise on the success on the pitch. Win the game when prices are reduced, and retain some of them fans for the next game when prices are back to full price. Don't reduce prices when we are on a losing streak. All you will do is let the die hards in for less, losing money hand over fist.

1) I'm a ST holder and to be honest I would rather see more supports at the game than worry that the bloke standing next to me has paid a few quid less than I have.

2) There have been many post and comments on this site stating that the club should reduce prices to attract more supports and when they do they get slated!

3) Not only do they get slated but then we get so called supports saying not they are not going to attend at any price - supports, do me a favour!!!

Thanks for that Perry

The problem with any offer is many Vale supporters don't trust them one bit.

Many will see it all as part of a charm offensive to try and sway some people

• Once again they rolled Micky out in the week but I thought that an own goal
  • Announce income increases, another own goal as they clearly are skint
  • Announce Ticket offer.

Many can now see right through them so what would have been a good offer is now seen as a cynical ploy

Reduce prices yes.

Make it so we will fall well short of making as much money as charging full price, no.

For me they should reduce prices for the big games. We are going to get bumper crowds already, reward the fans with cheaper tickets (£15 is cheap enough if we are doing well enough), and persuade them who um and arr about going to turn up. We make a fair sum and get a larger crowd, everyone is happy. Even better, cut prices when we are on a bit of a run (chance would be a fine thing) and capitalise on the success on the pitch. Win the game when prices are reduced, and retain some of them fans for the next game when prices are back to full price. Don't reduce prices when we are on a losing streak. All you will do is let the die hards in for less, losing money hand over fist.

What you are saying is right, if and it's a big if at the moment we could win 5 on the bounce then play Shrewsbury or another team with a decent away following at home then reduce the price. If we can see this then why can't perry deakin, he reminds me of jez moxey who was chief executive at stoke talking about the product on the pitch, made up jobs for people who know nothing about the way football fans think.

The problem with any offer is many Vale supporters don't trust them one bit.

Many will see it all as part of a charm offensive to try and sway some people

• Once again they rolled Micky out in the week but I thought that an own goal
  • Announce income increases, another own goal as they clearly are skint
  • Announce Ticket offer.

Many can now see right through them so what would have been a good offer is now seen as a cynical ploy

That is fair comment, Mr B.

They can't do right for doing wrong.

Its an admirable gesture..however, i feel this was their trump card and they have had to play it now as confidence is low with the team.

The gate would have been 3,800-4,000 tops ( with about 100 from Devon ) now it may break 5,000 max..

If we lose to Grimsby, it may as well be 50p ( there are plenty of them in the bank thanks to the admission charge )...

I may go - but i just cant see any light at the end of the tunnel. On current form Torquay will tear us apart.

Archived