onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Board Out! ! !

Advert

I wonder how much of Gannon's sacking was 'for the good of Port Vale' and how much it was a sacrifice to save their sorry asses

Was thinking that myself, maybe they were trying to do the right thing (for a change) to get back on side.

well they know what to do next eh :hello: ===

Now is exactly the right time to turn the heat on the board even more. I don't give them credit for sacking Gannon because it was their appointment in the first place. They'll be sat smugly in the director's box thinking that they've appeased the fans and burying their head in the sand about the true feelings of the supporters. Back the lads tonight of course but the odd anti board song ringing around the ground will not do any harm whatsoever. And the protest must be bigger than ever after the match especially if we win to prove to these muppets that people haven't forgot the bigger picture just because Gannon has gone. =========

Just posted the same sentiments, Relentless pressure. Black & Gold util were are sold.

=== We shall not, we shall not be moved,

We shall not, we shall not be moved.

Time and again the board have been told :

It's Black & Gold until we are sold.

=== === === === === === ===

There will be a lot of revision of history now. I agree with you that the board are a bunch if useless ****s. But this is not the stick to pick to beat them with. At least 1/3 of the people on here were 100% Gannon amongst the leading canditates at the time Adams did one. 1/3 were okay we can live with that, 1/3 were please God no (including me). Based on the need to appoint someone relatively quickly (all agreed, and we were second in the league at the time) Gangon was not a stupid choice. I knew he was because I lived next door but one to him in Stockers for a year or two and knew he was as nutty as a fruitcake. But looking at his CV, brief stint at a doomed posh, homesick a Motherwell but was SPL manager of the month not so long ago, you can see that on paper he looked good. And most people on here were happy. Just go back and check. Beat the board with their incompetence at running the club, that is undeniable. Not appointing Gangon after being dumped in the siht by Adams. This was an understandable disaster. Trashing our club over a period of ten years is not. Think I fancy Aspin for the job myself. A younger hungrier Adams.

Chris, not a revision of history. It doesn't matter what the fans thought, they would not have insight of the interview process and why he was chosen whether dropped in the s*** or not. The board have made another catastrophic appointment but the Chairman said yesterday he had "the best references they have ever had", this is in dispute by others on here one who also has links to Stockport and Gannon as you have.

A simple google search shows a trail of problems following gannon, problems that should have flagged up concerns but the chairman openly admits to not using a computer. Gannon brought his laptop to the interview and had done a little collection of where we went wrong at Rotherham which was so impressive to Bratt (who can't use a computer) that he thought Gannon was the dogs doodars. It is also now well known that Dave Penney, who wanted the job and was on the boards apparent shortlist, was not even contacted by the board wheteher he would have been a better bet or not.

We had received a sum of money from Sheffield that the board could have used to attract a manager who was employed elsewhere, even Aldershot managed to do that at a similar time, a club who survive on 2000 gates and had not had the benefit of a compensation payment to do so. We chose the cheap option of an out of work manager as opposed to one who was in work but would have cost the club money to recruit. Jackson admitted to the fans that one of the reasons for doing this was that we could now afford to buy players to bolster our promotion push, he even mentioned that a FEE had been agreed for "a speedy winger" what happened to him so quick we missed him?

Information from inside the club is that the Adams compensation money has been sidelined as a kitty to fight off ANY takeover bid not for the benefit of the team. This came from a director and was said to a trusted friend of mine.

Chris, not a revision of history. It doesn't matter what the fans thought, they would not have insight of the interview process and why he was chosen whether dropped in the s*** or not. The board have made another catastrophic appointment but the Chairman said yesterday he had "the best references they have ever had", this is in dispute by others on here one who also has links to Stockport and Gannon as you have.

A simple google search shows a trail of problems following gannon, problems that should have flagged up concerns but the chairman openly admits to not using a computer. Gannon brought his laptop to the interview and had done a little collection of where we went wrong at Rotherham which was so impressive to Bratt (who can't use a computer) that he thought Gannon was the dogs doodars. It is also now well known that Dave Penney, who wanted the job and was on the boards apparent shortlist, was not even contacted by the board wheteher he would have been a better bet or not.

We had received a sum of money from Sheffield that the board could have used to attract a manager who was employed elsewhere, even Aldershot managed to do that at a similar time, a club who survive on 2000 gates and had not had the benefit of a compensation payment to do so. We chose the cheap option of an out of work manager as opposed to one who was in work but would have cost the club money to recruit. Jackson admitted to the fans that one of the reasons for doing this was that we could now afford to buy players to bolster our promotion push, he even mentioned that a FEE had been agreed for "a speedy winger" what happened to him so quick we missed him?

Information from inside the club is that the Adams compensation money has been sidelined as a kitty to fight off ANY takeover bid not for the benefit of the team. This came from a director and was said to a trusted friend of mine.

And just to add to all that, Peter Jackson is in todays local rag saying that they are not looking for a manager===============

UP the ****ing Anti!!!!!=========

Would this explain the so called "war chest" then !

And just to add to all that, Peter Jackson is in todays local rag saying that they are not looking for a manager===============

UP the ****ing Anti!!!!!=========

Lets hope that is because they wish the new owner of PVFC to appoint their own man!

No disrespect to Grew, he can't be any worse than gannon, but I don't see him as a long term manager of PVFC. I think the only reason he has been named as manager is due to legal ramifications with Gannon if they had given Horsfield the job, constructive dismissal being potentially one.

What a pile of ****

just because we back the black and gold campaign doesn't mean we won't back grewy and the lads tonight! And then they have to go and mention Stoke's success which fair play to Stoke but I assumed this was a Vale article :rolleyes:

=== === === === === === === === === === === ===

Indeed.

My one regret was dropping protests after Glover was given the chop to concentrate on a new era under Micky Aams.

Got us nowhere as the common denominator are still in place.

It will be cycles of turmoil until they are gone.

This should now galvanise fans into action:

The board will be weakened by the financial burden of removing yet another costly poor appointment by our inept board.

Let's finish the job this time.

See you post-match at the Lorne Street entrance with more pride and passion than ever before.

I second that Bede - See you Post match to give them Hell!!

Archived