onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Big News - Ah Kid Tom is coming home..

j_grainger10

Advert

Will be against popular opinion this but I would be pleasantly shocked if we got 10 or more goals out of Pope. He wasn't fit enough when he left and I don't think he will be anywhere near now. We need better!
If he gets the service he will ram your comments right down your throat SV. Put a few quid on him to score more than the number that you have quoted at least your embarrassment will be eased by the cash that you will win.

Exactly so offer him the contract and watch him walk and take the compo.
I think that is the most sensible post that I have ever seen you make REP. Streete should have defo been offered the deal and when he refused it and moved on we would have received a nice cheque but our club is so poorly run they just don't get it.

I'll be happy if we can get c25 games out of him and 10-12 goals given his age and injury record. Will hopefully be a positive influence in the dressing room and especially to the younger players coming through.

It would be good if we could follow this up with some players in the age range of 24-28 I.e their prime as we cu4ently have a group of novices (Boot, Slinn, Reeves, Turner etc) and veterans (Purkiss, Pugh, Pope and potentially Bikey, Eagles, Thomas dependent on whether they sign / re-sign).

Sent from my SM-G357FZ using the onevalefan mobile app

Pope got his head turned by the £4K a week and rightly so. Vale couldn't match that.
Wrong, wrong, wrong Tom got his head turned by the disrespect that our owner showed him on RS when he condescendingly said ''I hope that Tom and his family have enjoyed my money but is he wants to stay he will have to take a huge pay cut''. Yes the Club's owner is a real maestro of PR and encouraging one of our best players at the time to stay.

If Smurthwaite had feet as big as his mouth I suggest he shoves one of them in it!

Feed Young Sage and he will score.:wink:
I couldn't have put it better myself Howjy. By the way I do believe that you have no personal problems with me. It's just that you and I don't always agree but that's life. After all 'We are all Vale' aren't we? I will defo be seeing him next season but I still refuse to buy a ST. It is my way of telling the owner that I want him out of the Club.

I would just like to say that I am chuffed to death that our Talisman has returned. For me he should never have been allowed to have ever left because without a doubt he was never replaced, despite the famous words of the owner 'I will get better for less'.

I'm sure that there isn't a single Vale fan who believes that we would have been relegated if Popey had been on the pitch, cajoling, urging and scoring a few vital goals for us.

I believe that the 'injury prone' tag is a myth yes he got badly injured and due to his love of his club he came back far too early which did himself no favours but for those with short memories I look back fondly of his second half performance when after he came on he dragged us back almost single handedly got us back from 2-0 down against Preston to snatch the point that arguably gave us the springboard that kept us up two years ago.

I just hope that he regains his 'mojo' back, gets himself 100% fit and that we sign up the players who can provide the crosses and a good nippy strike partner and so we are all rewarded with a great season which ends in another promotion back up to League1. I still firmly believe that age doesn't matter too much for a player with good aerial ability.

Quite simply: FEED THE POPE AND HE WILL SCORE!

I would just like to say that I am chuffed to death that our Talisman has returned. For me he should never have been allowed to have ever left because without a doubt he was never replaced, despite the famous words of the owner 'I will get better for less'.

I'm sure that there isn't a single Vale fan who believes that we would have been relegated if Popey had been on the pitch, cajoling, urging and scoring a few vital goals for us.

I believe that the 'injury prone' tag is a myth yes he got badly injured and due to his love of his club he came back far too early which did himself no favours but for those with short memories I look back fondly of his second half performance when after he came on he dragged us back almost single handedly got us back from 2-0 down against Preston to snatch the point that arguably gave us the springboard that kept us up two years ago.

I just hope that he regains his 'mojo' back, gets himself 100% fit and that we sign up the players who can provide the crosses and a good nippy strike partner and so we are all rewarded with a great season which ends in another promotion back up to League1. I still firmly believe that age doesn't matter too much for a player with good aerial ability.

Quite simply: FEED THE POPE AND HE WILL SCORE!

Just buy a bloody season ticket.

Life is too short.

You're cutting your nose off to spite your face.

Feed the Pope.

I couldn't have put it better myself Howjy. By the way I do believe that you have no personal problems with me. It's just that you and I don't always agree but that's life. After all 'We are all Vale' aren't we? I will defo be seeing him next season but I still refuse to buy a ST. It is my way of telling the owner that I want him out of the Club.

No probs at all Owd,life's too short to fall out with a fellow Valiant.Believe or not the wallpaper on my mobile is Tom with my grandson at the Vale kid's Christmas Party about 3 years ago.:yes:

Archived