onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Richards did we let the wrong one leave

Mow Cop Valiants

Advert

Justin couldnt score in the second half of the season so its no suprise he was released.

I dont recall a lot of people claiming he was great when we were losing so many games after MA left and justin was missing sitters.

A purple patch at the age of 32??? And he is suddenly great???

I think M Richards will by far eclipse him over his career..

Are you on about m RICO?

Two starts this season - 1 goal, 1 assist.

Top scorer every season he's been here and 20 + goals for the last 2 seasons (also injured for best part of 2 months last season)

You might want to think about that

Couldn't have put it better myself.

I love how we treat goalscorers like Rico and Leon who have proven themselves as quality, we will be a damn sight poorer without one of our two best players if he were to leave.

Some people on here are so incredibly stupid that they struggle to look beyond the span of a month, 5 games or so. Justin Richards was **** for us for most of the season, absolutely dire. We judge him on what he did for us, not what he's doing now for Burton (good form that will not last). Anyone that would rather have him than Marc should jump off a cliff.

Just to put Justin's amazing contribution for us last season into perspective: if he goes the rest of the season scoring no goals for Burton.. until their last home game of the season, then gets a hattrick as he did for us - he will have the same number of league goals as he had for us last season.

Pope is our player and though he has been slagged off severely on here lately, he's done reasonably well so far despite missing some good chances. About time people supported him, OUR PLAYER, rather than going on about a Burton player that was ****ing useless for 90% of last season. I never wanted us to sign Pope, so I'm not one of these people that was desperate to see him join because he's a Vale fan, but I will support him, just as I did Justin Richards. Time for the fickle ones on here to do the same, rather than looking for a player to slate at every turn.

Isn't Pope on more money than J Richards though?

J Richards is in his 30s and a proven average journeyman, with 14 clubs to his name (Port Vale probably being the highlight). He was diabolical for us in the second half of last season (and hounded by all on here) and it's not like he's going to have improved that much since then at this stage of his career.

Since Pope has joined the club we are banging them in for fun, with pretty much the same team as last season bar J Richards.

Marc Richards is probably our best player who has started 2 games this season. Give him a chance

To be fair, the majority of the squad were diabolical for the second half of last season (for one reason or another). I'd go as far as to say, that the only player to come out with any credit for that period was Sam Morsy.

But back to the point in hand. Anyone wanting to get rid of M Richards is crazy. 20 goals two seasons running, we couldn't afford to replace that sort of output. I would have like to have kept Justin too however.

OMG Vale fans i can't believe this' date=' get rid of a 20 goal a season striker and idolise one that's going to struggle to double figures.[/quote']

Brooker didn't get double figures for us, I don't remember too many (bar me) moaning!!

If you think Pope is all about the goals, you're not watching. The amount of possession he helps us keep, and the pressure he takes off the likes of Taylor/Rigg/Haldane/Little/Williamson/Loft/Roberts can't be compared to the amount of goals another player scores.

They're different players.

Justin just wasn't good enough at Vale, he worked hard but really struggled to deliver. He's doing well now - good luck to him. Move on.

We have a new player, who is contributing to the team and doing his best. Let's not start slagging him off.

(this post isn't just aimed at the quoted poster)

I love you lot on here. Most didn't have a good word for Justin last season now he is the best thing since sliced bread. If you remember he started well last season and then struggled.

Popey leads the line far better and though he is not a great striker works his socks off and sets other people up. Get off the lads back.

I love you lot on here. Most didn't have a good word for Justin last season now he is the best thing since sliced bread. If you remember he started well last season and then struggled.

Popey leads the line far better and though he is not a great striker works his socks off and sets other people up. Get off the lads back.

Hear hear Grandpa.......:yes:

Archived