onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Dedication is what we have missed!!

ValeMadrid87

It's not a question of being bone, it's if a player is not fully fit and plays they are in danger of getting a worse injury and being out for months. Which is not good for the club. Loft's a great player, but injury prone though it seems. It happens.

In the 70's we got promotion from this league under Gordon Lee and I think we only used 15 players and one of those was a loan player

Advert

In the 70's we got promotion from this league under Gordon Lee and I think we only used 15 players and one of those was a loan player

I know, but the game was a lot different then (better actually from a spectators point view). So you think loft should play if not fully fit?

I know, but the game was a lot different then (better actually from a spectators point view). So you think loft should play if not fully fit?

No he shouldnt play if injured,and you are right the game was different, it was a damn sight harder,if you got kicked by Ronnie Wilson or Tommy Mac you stayed kicked, but the funny thing in those days players didnt like to show weakness

I'm dead proud to come from S-o-T. Not lived there for 30 odd years but still have the accent. Any town that invents the oatcake is sound. Loft's attitude is good, but it's right that he doesn't play. The way the game is played these days, even in league 2, he could do himself serious damage. Not like the old days, when Haldane would have been expected to run his injury off, thankfully.

When I come back to the Potteries these days, including Newcastle where I was brought up and later Trent Vale and Trentham where we lived for a few years before we left for the Wirral, I still generally like the place. It is suffering from post industrial transition and needs to find new industries and services. Certainly it is sad to see a once proud pot bank replaced by a Sainsbury's but there are some bright spots, places are cleaner and gradually new buildings and better green spaces are improving it visually. So there is hope, but it will take time.

Stoke needs a good shopping centre. Hanley is about the worst of any city that size I have seen. In fact Carlisle where I am working presently has a much better shopping centre than Hanley. After many years Liverpool now is a superb shopping and cultural centre and linked all the way down to the river and the Albert Docks. At Pier Head there are few more impressive sights than the Liver and East india buildings. It is just a great place to be these days and Hanley could do with some replication of Liverpool and perhaps also the wealth of West Wirral.

"When I come back to the Potteries these days..."

It's tragic. The heart has been ripped out of the place. As a kid I remember the slag heaps and almost lunar lanscape. Taking short cuts between Chell Heath and Ball Green, on a wing and a prayer if it was raining in case the slag slipped. The inferno that was shelton bar. Being blown off my feet by an explosion at Cowley Shaw and Walkers as me and my Dad were walking past. My Nan getting up at 4.00 am to go and work in the pots, my Grandad dying of Industrial disease after a liftetime in the pits. But all the time there was a spirit and identity. Bus drivers calling you duck, anyone willing to help. I was up Hanley in the summer, first time I'd been there for donkeys years. It was so depressing. Not only was it a desolate crap hole, I felt like I didn't belong there anymore. I only have to hear an S-o-T accent and it's like being back in the womb. But S-o-T has been badly served for years. I always thought the city could deal with whatever, but now I think not. Maybe I'm wrong, but this is the impression I get. But I'll still always be proud to come from S-o-T (the nightlife was great in the 80's!) and that's where we all come from. Vale to lose tomorrow 1-0.

"When I come back to the Potteries these days..."

It's tragic. The heart has been ripped out of the place. As a kid I remember the slag heaps and almost lunar lanscape. Taking short cuts between Chell Heath and Ball Green, on a wing and a prayer if it was raining in case the slag slipped. The inferno that was shelton bar. Being blown off my feet by an explosion at Cowley Shaw and Walkers as me and my Dad were walking past. My Nan getting up at 4.00 am to go and work in the pots, my Grandad dying of Industrial disease after a liftetime in the pits. But all the time there was a spirit and identity. Bus drivers calling you duck, anyone willing to help. I was up Hanley in the summer, first time I'd been there for donkeys years. It was so depressing. Not only was it a desolate crap hole, I felt like I didn't belong there anymore. I only have to hear an S-o-T accent and it's like being back in the womb. But S-o-T has been badly served for years. I always thought the city could deal with whatever, but now I think not. Maybe I'm wrong, but this is the impression I get. But I'll still always be proud to come from S-o-T (the nightlife was great in the 80's!) and that's where we all come from. Vale to lose tomorrow 1-0.

You were lucky. We lived for three months in a paper bag in a septic tank. We used to have to get up at six in the morning, clean the paper bag, eat a crust of stale bread, go to work down at the mill, fourteen hours a day, week in, week out, for sixpence a week, and when we got home, our dad would thrash us to sleep with his belt.

But back on topic, I remember before we had substitutes when players would be injured the manager would insist they carry on, as commentators and sports writers would call it, as "a passenger on the wing".

You were lucky. We lived for three months in a paper bag in a septic tank. We used to have to get up at six in the morning, clean the paper bag, eat a crust of stale bread, go to work down at the mill, fourteen hours a day, week in, week out, for sixpence a week, and when we got home, our dad would thrash us to sleep with his belt.

But back on topic, I remember before we had substitutes when players would be injured the manager would insist they carry on, as commentators and sports writers would call it, as "a passenger on the wing".

Except it's all true and not even so long ago. Neither is it so long ago that there was only one sub. But back on topic, Loft shouldn't play. I've changed my mind Rigg and Pope up front. We need a result tomorrow to stop the rot.

Except it's all true and not even so long ago. Neither is it so long ago that there was only one sub. But back on topic, Loft shouldn't play. I've changed my mind Rigg and Pope up front. We need a result tomorrow to stop the rot.

I agree with all you said.

It's Sean Rigg.

If you're Vale through and through I'd have expected you to recognise our top scorer.

yeh trough and throgh bin more games probly befoe you were born fought wen you had to fight in the days of no segregation but rite now yer comment makes me laff so ****** much 4 goals a bet he dont hit double figures a really dont care no more them up there have broken me as a vale fan god help us laffin before i break my heart lady vale ktf. were vale arnt we OR I USED TO BE U KEEP EM BABE god bless tommy mclaren whos give him a keeper hed beat this lot on his own babe breaks me heart but its true a sorry to say xxxxxx:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:( sorry for the poor grammer

Luxury!! :D

yeh trough and throgh bin more games probly befoe you were born fought wen you had to fight in the days of no segregation but rite now yer comment makes me laff so ****** much 4 goals a bet he dont hit double figures a really dont care no more them up there have broken me as a vale fan god help us laffin before i break my heart lady vale ktf. were vale arnt we OR I USED TO BE U KEEP EM BABE god bless tommy mclaren whos give him a keeper hed beat this lot on his own babe breaks me heart but its true a sorry to say xxxxxx:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:( sorry for the poor grammer

I can vouch for that, i know you're vale through and through, remember you falling victim to Halifax fans at Halifax prob. 72/73 you were about 10 years old.

I can vouch for that, i know you're vale through and through, remember you falling victim to Halifax fans at Halifax prob. 72/73 you were about 10 years old.

lol yes i know conrad now hello mate, a got a new scarlf out ov it mate the wip round on the bus funnyly enuff black and gold it was lol========================

Archived