onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

The Positives and the Negatives

Burt

Ok, I think people need to calm down a bit. Let's take a look at the good things along with the bad regarding the playing side so far this season.

The good:

Second highest goals scored in the league

Goals being chipped in from all over the pitch

Loft's form so far

Rigg's form and goals

We're yet to play with a full-strength side, hopefully with Richards coming back that will soon change

Great quality of goals

The bad:

Most goals conceded in the league

Strikers not scoring as many

'Keeper and defence not looking as confident as this time last year

Injuries

Defending of set-pieces

With all those things taken into account, I'd say the best is definitely still to come. I really hope that's the case, and with a fully strong side I expect us to pick up form and consistency. I think Micky is the man to take us from being a midtable inconsistent side (which I think on today's display we are) to a more consistent, tough to beat play-off side.

Forget having a go at Pope or Tomlinson, or Yates for that matter, and realise that it's been the team on the whole that needs work and consistency. Pope's form hasn't cost us points. Tomlinson hasn't cost us points. It's a team effort, and there's still plenty of time to sort it.

I'd like to see:

-------------------Tomlinson

Yates------Owen-----------McCombe--------Collins

Dodds------Griffith----------Roberts/Loft------------Taylor

--------------Richards------Little/Williamson

next game, depending on fitness.

Advert

Ok, I think people need to calm down a bit. Let's take a look at the good things along with the bad regarding the playing side so far this season.

The good:

Second highest goals scored in the league

Goals being chipped in from all over the pitch

Loft's form so far

Rigg's form and goals

We're yet to play with a full-strength side, hopefully with Richards coming back that will soon change

Great quality of goals

The bad:

Most goals conceded in the league

Strikers not scoring as many

'Keeper and defence not looking as confident as this time last year

Injuries

Defending of set-pieces

With all those things taken into account, I'd say the best is definitely still to come. I really hope that's the case, and with a fully strong side I expect us to pick up form and consistency. I think Micky is the man to take us from being a midtable inconsistent side (which I think on today's display we are) to a more consistent, tough to beat play-off side.

Forget having a go at Pope or Tomlinson, or Yates for that matter, and realise that it's been the team on the whole that needs work and consistency. Pope's form hasn't cost us points. Tomlinson hasn't cost us points. It's a team effort, and there's still plenty of time to sort it.

I'd like to see:

The new spin doctor.

Crap board

Crap team

Divided fans.

Centre half pairing with the turning circle of the QE2

Midfield "star" who's lost if he cant kick the way he's facing.

Wingers who cant cross.

No money

Dwindling gates

I ****ing well hope the best is still to come. For Cliffs sake get a grip.

The new spin doctor.

Crap board

Crap team

Divided fans.

Centre half pairing with the turning circle of the QE2

Midfield "star" who's lost if he cant kick the way he's facing.

Wingers who cant cross.

No money

Dwindling gates

I ****ing well hope the best is still to come. For Cliffs sake get a grip.

How can you say the team are crap if you haven't seen them play this year?

I'd like to see:

The fact you give that as our strongest team in the positives column is depressing, and for me shows the mind set of vale fans. Two years ago we could have fielded the following team:

----------------Martin----------------

Yates------Owen----McCombe-----Collins

Dodds-----Griffith-----Loft--------Taylor

---------Richards------Davies---------

That actually would be a stronger team, yet for two seasons we have been mid table. And haven't strengthened.

The fact you give that as our strongest team in the positives column is depressing, and for me shows the mind set of vale fans. Two years ago we could have fielded the following team:

----------------Martin----------------

Yates------Owen----McCombe-----Collins

Dodds-----Griffith-----Loft--------Taylor

---------Richards------Davies---------

That actually would be a stronger team, yet for two seasons we have been mid table. And haven't strengthened.

and most of that side has improved since then.

loft, griff, Yates, dodds two years ago are nothing like they are now. so you can't say we haven't strengthened just because we have the same players.

and most of that side has improved since then.

loft, griff, Yates, dodds two years ago are nothing like they are now. so you can't say we haven't strengthened just because we have the same players.

Dodds is just as inconsistent as he was then, gruff was Player of the year 2 seasons ago, Collins has gone backwards, the defence is leaking more goals, Yates is still a steady league 2 defender, so yes I can say it, especially when the division is tougher and other teams have strengthened. We were mid table for two seasons with this side, and we look like doing that again.

Do I really need to tell you?

Ever likely we are where we are.

Yes please, as having seen the team this season I can see that loft looks a different player, Rigg looks like he could definatley bag a few this season, Williamson looks very promising as does Birch. I think Green will be a good signing and if we can keep a settled team we will do better than last year,not saying promotion but just outside playoffs IMHO.

Oh and before you give me your "Giving money to the club, you get what you deserve starve the *******s out" rant i work at Vale Park on matchdays so not only do i not pay £20.50 to get in the club give me money, so technically i am "starving the *******s out more than you" :razz:===

Archived