onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

The Positives and the Negatives

Burt

Tomlinson: has a chest like a trampoline and spills too many balls for my liking.

Yates: OK at this level but can't cross a ball to save his life.

Owen/McCombe too slow on the turn.

Dodds: is always capable of nicking a goal but his overall contribution is very poor.

Roberts: When he is good,he is very very good but when he is bad he is awful.

Taylor: Needs to be deployed as an out and out attacker.On Saturday he was expected to attack and defend and he did neither one thing nor the other.

Pope: Holds the line up well but when presented with clear cut chances his overeagerness lets him down. With more composure he should have scored against Burton and Wimbledon. If he had, we would now be joint top.

Griffiths:A real powerhouse but his passing..well!!

Morsey : If he can't get a place in team it's time to pack in. Get real Adams!

Advert

You dont get it do you.

For this club to even survive beyond Christmas they need massive investment and/or EVERY SINGLE FAN in the ground.

What I see is the same ***** we had for the second half of last season plus a few kids who rarely get picked. Massive investment has been turned away for no reason and you wonder why gates are down by 2000 already.

Do you really think that they are going to entice anybody back? More like lose a lot more. It could have all been so different.

As someone else has posted "why choose to be ****?"

Agree with all those points, but put them in a relevant thread next time.

We're stuck with what we've got at the moment, and there are some positives on the pitch.

This thread was intended to highlight that it's not all doom and gloom on the pitch.

I'm all for being anti-board, and fed up but stop spamming threads that have NOTHING to do with off the field issues.

We know they should have accepted Mo, we know we'd be able to get better players, but AT THE MOMENT WE HAVEN'T.

You dont get it do you.

For this club to even survive beyond Christmas they need massive investment and/or EVERY SINGLE FAN in the ground.

What I see is the same ***** we had for the second half of last season plus a few kids who rarely get picked. Massive investment has been turned away for no reason and you wonder why gates are down by 2000 already.

Do you really think that they are going to entice anybody back? More like lose a lot more. It could have all been so different.

As someone else has posted "why choose to be ****?"

So you havent seen the team play then? This topic is on positives and negatives on the pitch, and the same **** we had second half ofthe season didn't include Loft,Rigg and Roberts all chipping in with goals when Rico was out injured,plus the same **** were in the top 3 in November before Gannon went Bat **** mental and destroyed any morale they had.

Come on Nick I admire you staying away but you can just admit you dont Know what the team is like as you aint seen them.

Having read this thread - and many others, over the last few weeks I think we should ask the Samaritans to sponsor OVF - Christ we must putting loads of business there way ! Went to Wimbledon testerday - wasn't all bad by a long way. Need to tighten up the defence, get Loft back and sort out Tom pope ( not sure he's what we need ), but having watched Vale over 35 seasons I've seen a lot worse vale sides and this one has got potential to do well and get us promotion this year. So yes we " are where we are " and thats not a bad place to be. Some of us need to get a grip and quick, before even the Samaritans give up on us !!

Nice to see "Fans" now being critical of players, soon come the boos!

At least if they boo the players they may not boo the "Marchers" next time...

AND THERE WILL BE A NEXT TIME SOON

You would have thought that with the 6th highest budget we would have added a couple of experienced players?

Who's kidding who?

Having Rigg and Loft fit will be key, both are going be big players for us this year. We need them in the team as well as Collins and Richards - I still think Burge and Williamson will come good.

Agree with all of that.

Only saw Burge against Hudders but he could become a decent player with a bit of nurturing.

Only saw the highlights of yesterday's game but Williamson set up Doddsy's goal and should have had better return for his turn, run and shot when he hit the post.

I just hope we don't go through the season with a 4 or 5 players injured all at once - we have cover for each area but too many changes at one time is too much.

The thing I struggle with is when your man on signal radio says we have to find a system to fit griff, loft and Roberts in the centre. No we don't! We are shipping too many goals, losing games and generally struggling. Therefore the team cannot have 3 star midfielders!

Archived