onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Emails To The Board

Memphis

Heres's a copy of questions that I sent to Messrs Bratt, Oliver and Lloyd.

1. Why was the proposed investment from Mr Chaudry rejected?
  2. What happened to the proposed investment that would have matched the offer of Mike Newton?
  3. Why, despite a carried vote of no confidence at the recent EGM do yourself, Mr Bratt and Mr Oliver remain on the board of PVFC?
  4. Why has Mr Bratt, the outgoing Chairman of PVFC, not, at the very least, made a statement regarding the future of PVFC, and also explained how you intend to take the club forward, particularly as you saw fit to turn down an offer that could have been worth up to £5m to PVFC?
  5. How do you intend to offset the losses from decreased season ticket sales?
  6. Why wasn't the £1 increase on pay on the gate prices publicised?

The e-mail was sent to Bill Bratt on the 11th of July, and thus far I have received no reply, despite assurances from Estelle Baggley that Bill would receive a copy.

The questions were posed to Glenn Oliver via facebook on the 18th July. His reply was thus:

"I'm not going to engage in a debate by email, it takes too long to conduct one, never mind the many such I receive, and it's not a very responsive medium."

He did however offer to talk via telephone or a face to face meeting, an offer which I have subsequently declined. I don;t want to get into another 'I never said that' scenario.

A copy of the questions was sent to Mike Lloyd on the 31st of July, and I received the following reply on Tuesday:

"Dear Lee

I trust that you will not mind me calling you by your Christian name.

I apologise for the delay in responding to your e-mail but it has been extremely hectic over the past two weeks as you can imagine.

With regards to your questions, I would comment as follows:

1) The proposed investment from Mr Chaudry was subject to him being able to control 51% of the shares in the Football Club and the articles do not allow any single shareholder to own more than 24.9%. Furthermore, at the EGM the vote to change this rules was rejected by a clear majority.

2) The investment needed by the Club is in its final stages of an agreement and hopefully an announcement will be made in mid September.

3) Yes, there was a vote of no confidence against the Board but NVL has also requested a removal of each Director separately and as you know the result of this vote was not to remove Bill, Glen or myself.

4) I think Bill has now indicated his desire to leave the Board of Directors completely and has stepped back therefore from making further statements which in future will be made by Chief Executive Perry Deakin.

5) It is of great sadness to me that many loyal supporters do not feel able to purchase season tickets during the present climate. I am hoping that this will change in the near future. New investment through share issue will also boost the Club's income.

6) I understand that the £1.00 increase on gate prices was published. However, the main reason for the increase was partly to cover the increase in VAT up to 20% and for normal inflation which is currently running at almost 5%. These two facts alone more than negate the £1.00 increase.

I am sorry that you feel that your Club is an embarrassment and certainly communication between the administration and supporters has been sadly lacking for a long time which I am endeavouring to improve.

Lets hope that we have a successful season and gain that much needed promotion into League One!

Kindest regards

Mike Lloyd"

Advert

Guest thecharlatans
He did however offer to talk via telephone or a face to face meeting, an offer which I have subsequently declined. I don;t want to get into another 'I never said that' scenario.

You bottled it you mean?

In fairness Oliver offered to meet you, a dictaphone type thingie in your pocket would have ruled out any 'I never said that'.

Lloyd at least had the courtesy to try & answer all your questions, & more so the courtesy to get back to you, I imagine they get a fair few mails each day(!)

Oh & Bratt - no surprise there.

You bottled it you mean?

Not at all.

I'd quite happily meet Mr Oliver, however the time and place offered weren't mutaully agreeable, and given my experience when I had my 'Bratt Chat', I think it's fair to say that I more than wary of conversations where there is no paper trail.

Not going to engage in debate by email?! Oliver doesn't engage in any dialogue in any form with the fans which is either truthful or transparent, let alone debate. Note the various EGM silences.

You bottled it you mean?

If you think Lee bottled it, by not meeting Oliver in person, may I extend an offer to your good self to meet me in person and discuss our differing views on the goings on at Port Vale. Say 8:30 PM tonight, Full Moon. I trust from your comments above, you wont "bottle it" of course.

do you not have anything better to do with yourselves? do you lose sleep at night thinking about Oliver?

Please note that the emails were sent to all the directors bar Micky Adams.

This was nothing to do with Glenn Oliver the man, but Glenn Oliver Director of Port Vale Football Club - the fans club, for us all!

Please note that the emails were sent to all the directors bar Micky Adams.

This was nothing to do with Glenn Oliver the man, but Glenn Oliver Director of Port Vale Football Club - the fans club, for us all!

It's about the man, the director and the beard for me. None of which should be anywhere near our club.

Archived