onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

The Rumour Mill............Loft.

ollyandpatch

Advert

A group of key players are definitely gone if Gannon isn't. If that's the case we'll be basement league Port Vale for at least the next two seasons

But Peter Jackson yesterday claimed if he and the board went the club would be worse off.

More fans need to get their ärses round to protest. They genuinely believe it's just a minority that they can ignore.

Their ignorance is truly scary now when you consider how things will be if they are still here next season.

I'll tell you now if we don't get rid of gannon now none of our out of contract players will resign.

This is another issue I dont understand - the players Gannon is actively ****ing off are here for another year - only Yates, Owen, Robbo and loft of any note are out of contract.

What does Gannon think he's going to do when his budget will be restricted due to those he doesn't get on with?

it worries me greatly what gannon could do to this squad at the end of the season as it wouldnt just be out of contract players out of the door...we have enought quality to to get out of this division with the players we already have, but gannon doesnt see it that way....infact he sees players like Ex as an improvement

But after yesterdays events i get the feeling that one way or another jimbo wont be with us for much longer

Well if 'About 6' want away I'm AMAZED a dozen want to stay!......:ohmy: :D

I think the dozen are just waiting till end of the season to decide what there futures maybe.....

It seems such a long time ago when we were top and starting to get a bit of a gap....... how things can go from that to this s**t in about 15 games......

I was told a few weeks back, via a players relative, that Loft had agreed terms with another current LG2 club and was going at the end of the season.

Also Dodds being pushed into a loan move to Torquay, but then on the day he was supposed to travel, Gannon then asked him to stay and fight for his place. (the same day that R Stoke said that Roberts was available for a loan move )

Moves were also made to get Rigg out on loan, but he didn't want to leave. Oxford are keen.

It's all to do with the directors ringfencing the then available MA compensation and Loan budget, and putting that aside to fight off MC's advances and the ST shortfall next season.

I believe that Gannon had been promised a certain player budget and also some backroom staff that he asked for. I also believe that he was under the impression that Horsefield would be disciplined and gone. I base this on something another contact told me and the fact that Gannon announced on R Stoke that finances meant that all the loans were going to have to go back, which led to fans criticising the board, so they made him retract the comment and asked him to farm some players out on loan so he could keep Pope.

When it became apparent that no players were going out on loan, Gannon then had to sacrifice his newly appointed fitness coach....

On the Horsfield situation, Gannon expected the club to make a strong professional statement..... 2 weeks passed and he's back at work, as if it's all been " blown out of proportion ". Gannon is obviously not a happy man and has subsequently sent GH out on scouting missions ( it will be in his terms of contract that he is to manage all football matters ).

I don't expect Gannon to resign without taking legal action against the board on how he has been forced to operate in his short time here.

Gannon is not a total innocent party here, he's actually made a right ****ing mess of a fair few things, but if you consider that he has entered a club on his own, where the inherited assistants he was forced to work with do not back up his ideas in training. So straight away there is a discipline problem where the players know they can moan to, firstly Grew and then the Horse, on all matters and they will take their side as opposed to Gannons.

A situation arose where " several " players don't want to play for JG and he knows it, so he then is stuck between a rock and a hard place.... does he play them and allow the team to manage the team, or does he drop them and in turn drop points.

Then we look to the points where JG has made a pigs ear. Exodus, this chap has been brought into the club to be " his man ", someone that will attempt to stem the flow of resentment to JG. Unfortunately, due to EG being *****, this has backfired big style.

Discipline is the problem in the football club since MA left. I was told, again via a players close relative, that training under Grew & Horse would "never have been allowed under MA, they did nowhere near as much running and spent several hours in the Jacuzzi's and the like ". The players are all aware that the board are a circus act and have other fires to fight.The management team are singing from different hymn sheets, and we are where we are.

Lee Sinnott may have been *****, but he did make one correct statement in his time here. .... " This club needs change from root to branch ".... How right he was.

As much as people dislike gannon, VH's post above shows that we need to stay focussed on the board. Gannon is a prat, and slated the fans protect so no sympathy, but we have a massive problem and it isn't him right now.

If he does go, the horse and grew are not the answer.

Archived