onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Will Change happen??

So what are peoples views on whether we will get positive change this week or over the next few weeks or so.

Last week, there seemed to be a lot more optimism, with the odd thread suggesting change would happen this week, with Mark Sims joining the board and Bratt and G.O, leaving. However true to form, this now seems to of turned to depression that things won't change.

Personally, last week I was happy and positive, that we may have good news soon, now I just feel there is no hope and nothing will change.

Perhaps, Dave F / Ray Williams / LB, or anybody close to being in the know can advise as to how they feel things are progressing.

Advert

I really hope so, this cannot continue.

I was heartened with what MA said on the radio the other day regarding the protests that change is happening behind the scenes so we will have to wait and see...and hope and pray all this crap can be put to bed===

I don't think change is imminent but I'm not as despondent as I was formerly.

A lot has changed in the last few months and we should not forget that.

We have more to feel positive about than we did at the end of last season, that's for sure. Keep the faith - like I'm trying to do.:yes:

As soon as Sims says, "go get your season tickets" I reckon at least 500 people would snap one up. I just hope for some good news this week. Dave Felstead a couple of weeks ago seemed optimistic as did a few others supposedly in "the know". I was hoping for something last week, not got high expectations for any good news this week.

well the way mike lloyd was talking everything was going to change but nothing really if that makes sense . investment but wouldn't say how much or when . the board would be freshened up but wouldn't say how and who by . 2/3 weeks something would happen etc etc . just politician speak waffle blah blah.

the only thing you can say about mike lloyd is that he doesn't hide away like billy bs and he took some flak . however people don't want idle words or lies anymore , we want action NOW . will we get it ? i would say if nothing happens in a positive manner within the next ten days my days following vale are over possibly forever i feel that depressed over it all . goods news though my match angling will start to improve.

We have more to feel positive about than we did at the end of last season, that's for sure. Keep the faith - like I'm trying to do.:yes:

While Bratt and Oliver are there like two cuckoos in the nest the future will remain very bleak. I expect Mark to be rejected and then where will we be?. Oliver came out to talk to us on Saturday at about 5.30. The man is as thick as a 'donkey's dangler'.:doh: I'm glad you are optimistic Sage but your senior Sage is far from it.:(

I tend to think the same as you, maybe its desperation on my part, but I hope not

In an ideal world I'd want GO and BB out before I go again.

However if they were to be some sort of announcement that gave some positive news and this news was then endorsed by the likes of Mark Simms and Dave F then I'd be down there in a shot !

Change will happen whether its voluntary or when the cash runs out remains to be seen.

I can wait.

In addition a lot of stay aways who have been used to paying £250 for a ST may not be able to pay over £20 for a game and may be lost until next season unless a compromise can be reached. I can afford but will make my judgement, once change is to my liking, on the value for money on offer.

well the way mike lloyd was talking everything was going to change but nothing really if that makes sense . investment but wouldn't say how much or when . the board would be freshened up but wouldn't say how and who by . 2/3 weeks something would happen etc etc . just politician speak waffle blah blah.

that somes ML up for me - he says a lot but when you read in to it he has said bugger all ! you cant accuse him of lying as technically he never is

I'd love him to say something concrete - I'd probably believe him if he did. Like at the EGM when he said if he was voted off then he would accept the decision, I actually believed him. Some would argue that he then should have walked with the vote of no confidence, the thing is he never actually said he would

I'm not delirious - that's for sure - for I do think it is important to reflect on how much things have changed in the past few months with regard to the Board.

The results of the EGM. The work of NLV and the other protesting factions.

7 down to 3. Some communication with Mike Lloyd. Genuine or not he has at least shown his face. Mark Sims has investigated the books. The desperate prolonged season ticket offer and the cut price talk from Mr Deakin.

I don't think anyone should feel too down about things. It has been a story of steady progress. More could be done but all is not lost. It is a vastly different landscape than it was in May.

Archived