onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Article on Port Vale

jospvfc

Hello , I'm here again

I have a page on facebook Port Vale Brazil , and I am organizing to do an article on the club , so it formulated a questionnaire with some questions about the history of the club in the view of fans

Can help me the answers I need at least a 3 to 5 answers

I will publish the text on the page and here if you want

There are 10 questions and I want to select some responses to the article about the club

The following questions if anyone can answer

Thank you

Come on Port Vale

1 - Since when are you a fan of club ?

2 - Who motivated you to be a Valliant ?

3 - What time or departure brings you more memories ? What first match that saw and against which opponent?

4- What is the thrill of going to see the game on Saturday ?

5 - What favorite player of all time

6 - What can be expected of the club for the coming years ?

7 - What the club could do in your present circumstances?

8 - What is your analysis of the entire history of Port Vale ? Concerning the titles and important games

9 - What does it say about the rival clubs Port Vale ? What degree of rivalry with these teams?

:)

Advert

Hello , I'm here again

I have a page on facebook Port Vale Brazil , and I am organizing to do an article on the club , so it formulated a questionnaire with some questions about the history of the club in the view of fans

Can help me the answers I need at least a 3 to 5 answers

I will publish the text on the page and here if you want

There are 10 questions and I want to select some responses to the article about the club

The following questions if anyone can answer

Thank you

Come on Port Vale

3 - What time or departure brings you more memories ? What first match that saw and against which opponent?

8 - What is your analysis of the entire history of Port Vale ? Concerning the titles and important games

9 - What does it say about the rival clubs Port Vale ? What degree of rivalry with these teams?

1. Since the 1966/67 season. First game Chesterfield at home.

2. Second cousin Paul Foster and his dad John. John died watching Vale at Walsall years later.

3. For me it has to be the FA Cup win against Spurs in 1988. There have been other notable wins since like over Everton in 1995 but I was out of the area then and wasn't going regularly.

4. Thrill? You don't watch Vale for thrills, but it makes it all the better when they happen. The last time I was thrilled at a Vale match was when we beat Burton 7-1 the season we were promoted.

5. Without a doubt, Ray Walker. For me he could have played at the top level. Class midfielder.

6. Given our current situation, up for sale and the present chairman threatening to cut the playing budget, mere existence would be a bonus.

7. In our present circumstances, we have a decent shot at a play off place. Knowing Vale though it won't happen.

8. Middling to mediocre, mid table, League 1 club where we have been for most of my time supporting them. To get any better they need cash - and given that the successful clubs are where they are because they have sugar daddy chairmen bankrolling them, that would depend whether we ever get one. I have my doubts personally.

9. Our main rivals are our near neighbours Stoke City, but as they're in the Premiership, two divisions above us, we don't have a chance to play them. When both sides were in what is now called the Championship some twenty years ago the rivalry was pretty fierce. Other than them, there are two sides in our own league, Crewe Alexandra and Walsall, who we've had some rivalry with in varying degrees.

2. Second cousin Paul Foster and his dad John. John died watching Vale at Walsall years later.

3. For me it has to be the FA Cup win against Spurs in 1988. There have been other notable wins since like over Everton in 1995 but I was out of the area then and wasn't going regularly.

4. Thrill? You don't watch Vale for thrills, but it makes it all the better when they happen. The last time I was thrilled at a Vale match was when we beat Burton 7-1 the season we were promoted.

5. Without a doubt, Ray Walker. For me he could have played at the top level. Class midfielder.

6. Given our current situation, up for sale and the present chairman threatening to cut the playing budget, mere existence would be a bonus.

7. In our present circumstances, we have a decent shot at a play off place. Knowing Vale though it won't happen.

8. Middling to mediocre, mid table, League 1 club where we have been for most of my time supporting them. To get any better they need cash - and given that the successful clubs are where they are because they have sugar daddy chairmen bankrolling them, that would depend whether we ever get one. I have my doubts personally.

9. Our main rivals are our near neighbours Stoke City, but as they're in the Premiership, two divisions above us, we don't have a chance to play them. When both sides were in what is now called the Championship some twenty years ago the rivalry was pretty fierce. Other than them, there are two sides in our own league, Crewe Alexandra and Walsall, who we've had some rivalry with in varying degrees.

Excellent replies Mel (Earle over Walker and the play off win over Spurs possibly for me though).

It can be really difficult to source content for such articles as I've found over the last few years but you've done OVF and Vale generally proud with those answers :)

I had seen on wikipedia and other sites that clubs like Shrewsbury, Whexham, Stockport had rivalry with Port Vale, is that true? I believe that there is no more

1. I've been a fan since the 1962-63 season.

2. My family were Vale fans - dad, uncle, cousins, brother, grandfather. My dad was watching them in the 1920s.

3. I really can't remember much about my first match. I vaguely recall a lot of goals and I think we scored 4 so it must have been versus Colchester or Palace in 1962 or 63. My fondest memory has to be the play-off victory against Bristol Rovers when Earle scored the winner, to take us up to the Championship again. The other one is probably seeing us run out at Wembley in the LDV Final.

4. I suppose Port Vale was and will always be my local team, from the area in which I grew up. Once it's in your blood it's hard to let go, despite very many lean years.

5. That is very hard. I don't have one favourite. Several spring to mind. Roy Sproson for his 756 appearances for the Club - a real Port Vale legend. Martin Foyle and Andy Jones were great strikers for us. Ian Taylor heads my choice of midfielders.

6. It's a very tough outlook for smaller clubs like us. The big money is reserved for the clubs in the top flight and very little filters down to the lower leagues. I hope we survive but with Stoke City down the road and only about 4000 regular home fans it looks quite bleak at the moment. I suspect a few clubs will go to the wall, go part-time or get swallowed up by bigger fish.

7. I'm happy to survive and get over the 50 point mark. Sadly I don't think we are quite good enough to reach the top six.

8.We have a proud history, dating back to about 1876. Reaching the semi-final of the FA Cup and winning the Third Division Championship was the highlight of it all, in 1953-54. That was the best team we've ever had, with the famous 'iron curtain' defence. Otherwise we tend to remain more or less where we are at present.

9. Stoke City are a few miles down the road but we haven't played them much, apart from briefly in the 1950s and 1990s. Some fans consider games with the likes of Walsall, Crewe and Wrexham, over the years, as 'local' derbies.

In the past we did have a few 'big' games against Stockport (the LDV Final that we won) and Wrexham in our promotion season 1969-70, when over 19,000 were at Wrexham to watch the 1-1 draw. Both those teams have since fallen on hard times. Stockport are 2 divisions below the Football League now.

Best wishes from a cold and snowy England!

1. Since 1971. First game versus West Ham FA cup we lost 0-1.

2. My Uncle Ted a life long fan also.

3. The FA Cup win against Evrton, it seemed to spur us on to have a great second half of the season.

4. Thrill is a bit of an overstatement, I like to see players bought in and go on to develop on to greater things.

5. Neil Aspin a real hard man with a great sense of positional play and a never let them past attitude.

6. I just hope the club is in existence in a few years time.

With the money bias towards the Premiere League and little in the way of player sales bringing money in its tough without an owner with deep pockets.

7. Go all out to encourage youngsters to attend matches, even if they are allowed in free of charge.

8.A middle of the leagues club who have had some great times and some dire times even in the last 30 years.

Although it's been quite a while since this has happened.

9. Stoke City, who are in the Premiership now we're our main rivals a few years ago, and it was pretty fierce at the time.

They have gone on to bigger and better times, through better investment, ownership and management, where we have had idiots and con men in charge. Our present rivals are Crewe Alex and Walsall but neither Derby matches inspire the passion of a Stoke Derby did.

Hello , I'm here again

1950s

Initially my father took me

1971-1984.... first match? cant remember who but we won 7-1 [i think]

Too far to travel now

Tommy McLaren

At the moment survival

Archived