onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

How representative is OVF?

Mikeyp

As the title states, how representative do you feel OVF is of the overall vale supporter? Just wondering as Various Facebook groups seem to have markedly different stances to views on here. Not trying to create a pro/anti-board argument or anything. Genuinely interested what people's views are on this.

Advert

As the title states, how representative do you feel OVF is of the overall vale supporter? Just wondering as Various Facebook groups seem to have markedly different stances to views on here. Not trying to create a pro/anti-board argument or anything. Genuinely interested what people's views are on this.

The Clique are ok once tamed :yes:

Taking a straw poll of the Vale fans I know/work with I'd have to say not very. Of around 20 Vale fans only a couple were pro-Chaudry and SEO supporters. Could just be a coincidence of course................

a lot more than 2 out of 20 are pro change!!

we had over 1500 march from the bulls head last time...based on around 4500 being at that match thats a fair few more than 10%

Just curious as to which various facebook groups you are talking about as most that I find only have about four members and have generate about 2 posts per month.

BTW, I'm genuinely interested. So if you could post a list of them I would really appreciate it.

Best regards

SooB

I wouldn't say tat OVF is very representative at all. I took a straw pole at the Walsall game on Saturday, and all those I spoke to were anti-SEO.

Did you really just write that?

Seriously ?

All the people at the Vale match were against a group of people who have decided not to go to Vale games?

Whats next week, everyone at a Stoke match hates the Vale?

**** me you couldn't make it up :laugh:

My opinion is that it's quite representative in terms of pro board vs pro change numbers. I think most fans want the board gone now and that's reflected on OVF. The difference I think would be mainly in terms of attitudes and strength of feeling. A lot of fans, while very angry with the board, would probably put it to one side if things were going well on the pitch.

On here I think there's a much higher percentage of fans who feel it's become personal, and simply won't set foot inside VP until the board have gone, no matter what happens on the pitch.

Jmacc, sorry perhaps I should have phrased the initial question better! I meant the prevailing view on OVF..poll results and the like. I.e SEO B&G etc.

I'm somewhat of an exile these days and only managed to attend 5 home games last season. Shameful I know! But as a result I don't get to see as much of goings on as you folk who live in S-O-T. OVF is my main source for news and Information on all things Vale although recently I was invited to join a Facebook group called 'The Wonder Of Port Vale' and they seem to have a slightly different angle on things to folk on here. Hope that answers your question SooB and is the reason for my initial question.

My opinion is that it's quite representative in terms of pro board vs pro change numbers. I think most fans want the board gone now and that's reflected on OVF. The difference I think would be mainly in terms of attitudes and strength of feeling. A lot of fans, while very angry with the board, would probably put it to one side if things were going well on the pitch.

On here I think there's a much higher percentage of fans who feel it's become personal, and simply won't set foot inside VP until the board have gone, no matter what happens on the pitch.

Absolutely spot on. Cracking post.

I wouldn't say tat OVF is very representative at all. I took a straw pole at the Walsall game on Saturday, and all those I spoke to were anti-SEO.

I would say very representative, I took a straw poll of fans at one of the anti board protests last season and those I spoke to were pro-SEO! :laugh::laugh::banghead:

Archived