onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Robbie Williams opportunity..

Bluedevil

Tosh, he became involved when he became our major share holder.

He did and that may be something he regrets, you can open a massive big hole and if he invested 20 million tomorrow the day after it wouldn't be enough, he's big mates with Elton John and would have had good advice from him, I'm sure!:)

We and any other football club at our level must be self sufficient and not rely on sugar daddies!

Advert

He did and that may be something he regrets, you can open a massive big hole and if he invested 20 million tomorrow the day after it wouldn't be enough, he's big mates with Elton John and would have had good advice from him, I'm sure!:)

We and any other football club at our level must be self suffient and not rely on sugar daddies!

I hope Mo doesn't see it that way Tosh

We dunner want his money, we want what is now required of him. When he bought a shareholding, he subsequently was given an equal amount of votes - staggering. If these votes are not used, his investment has not benefited PVFC's supporters, it's just become a part of the boards defense.

Guest RayTab

I don't get this. Most of us see him as a pompous, arrogant, evasive *****.

"He's got money and influence? Oh I like the guy now!"

We don't want anymore of his money, we just need him to help open the door for another investor; ideally Mo Chaudry.

===

Money is all Robbie has to offer though, other than that I don't think he has anything to offer, he won't get involved in the politics, his shares were a gesture and that's all!

We don't want anymore of his money, we just need him to help open the door for another investor; ideally Mo Chaudry.

===

I posted something similar on another thread earlier. After the Oxford game and during the B&G protest, Mo came out to do his normal meet and greet. I asked him if he had been in contact with RW regarding his shares. Mo said that RW was now fully aware of the situation and that he would now be making 'a decision' sooner rather than later. He seemed quite confident. I just hope RW jumps the right way.

We won't get one-man, one-vote - but a way of achieving an end result pretty close to it would be for someone to convince Robbie Williams that he should publically state that he will vote the way of the majority in any poll or referendum on Vale's future direction, when it comes to a vote at AGM/EGM's.

This would act as a counter weight to the block vote of the board. It would be difficult for the board to take the moral high ground on this - as they do exactly the same.

Remember what effect his presence had on attendances at the Martin Foyle/Dean Glover testimonials? His endosement of small shareholder sentiment would be pure democracy in action and would probably increase the turnout, given the publicity it would generate.

And he wouldn't have to come within 1000 miles of Vale Park to do it.

It's very different for what we're asking Rob for this time.

Granted he could be sick of us going cap in hand for pennies left, right and centre.

This time, we're looking for him to use his vote. I plead to him, if he feels out of touch and doesn't know the ins and outs, then to listen to those family and friends and use his votes wisely.

We need him now as much as we've ever done.

We won't get one-man, one-vote - but a way of achieving an end result pretty close to it would be for someone to convince Robbie Williams that he should publically state that he will vote the way of the majority in any poll or referendum on Vale's future direction, when it comes to a vote at AGM/EGM's.

This would act as a counter weight to the block vote of the board. It would be difficult for the board to take the moral high ground on this - as they do exactly the same.

Remember what effect his presence had on attendances at the Martin Foyle/Dean Glover testimonials? His endosement of small shareholder sentiment would be pure democracy in action and would probably increase the turnout, given the publicity it would generate.

And he wouldn't have to come within 1000 miles of Vale Park to do it.

Very well put Aub

Archived