onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Eleven Sports Ltd

carpetman123

I also know that no-one connected to the Club has contacted Alan to ask if he wanted to advertise his business next season. Whereas during previous seasons, he received regular requests for sponsorship.

The last two season's it was me who tried to contact Alan on behalf of the club. That was until I saw the light. Starve em out.

Advert

They phoned me last week asking for my company to buy advertising including pitchside boards. I said no and explained why at some great length. After I finished he asked me again if I would be interested in advertising :) obviously he'd heard it all before and had switched off to my ramblings :)

If the 3 amigos go I'll spend my money, simple as that.

This is a good move if it means that the club sells more advertsing space in the long run. Most clubs seem to go about it this way and if it works, it has to be good.

People seem to be knocking the club for actually becoming better at what they do. Seems like some people are never happy.

no it isnt

it actually says that they arent capable of doing it themselves - dont they employ somebody for this kind of stuff already? :rolleyes:

===

This is a good move if it means that the club sells more advertsing space in the long run. Most clubs seem to go about it this way and if it works, it has to be good.

People seem to be knocking the club for actually becoming better at what they do. Seems like some people are never happy.

Markymark,

Any idea who set up this arrangement?

I'm truly amazed by the details enclosed in this thread. I shouldn't be, but I am. What on earth is the club doing hiring a Manchester based advertising company to sell boards at Vale Park? For me, the last decent commercial team we had at the Vale was the one headed by Pete Lawton and Kevin Fitzgerald around 2004 - 2007. Apart from the odd new board here and there, mainly situated on the Lorne Street side of the ground, I haven't seen any sign of progress on this front for a few seasons now.

Perry really is working hard for his 60k a year, isn't he.

I recieved phone call over 4 weeks ago about the same thing but that was by our commercial dept at Vale....which would tie in with the guy telling me today that they had been selling them for the vale for about 3 weeks so it looks like our own commercial dept were not doing a very good job hence why Lemony has decided to outsource again !!!

seems SEO is working

I had anothern 2 calls yesterday (Tues) one in the morning and one in the afternoon same company again 2 different people, the 1st one having told him i,d been contacted twice already, apologised and said he would take me off their database.....then the second person called me in the afternoon, a girl, which took the full brunt of my rant about my conversation with the guy in the morning.

They are either persistent or they have,nt a clue what they are doing!!!!

I had a call off of these folk yesterday.

I only have a small advert in the sentinel with my mobile number on, advertising for scrap cars, so they really must be ringing everyone they can find, not wishing to sell myself short, but I am a bit of a mickey mouse operation, not exactly blue chip!!

They also told me a massive porky, as I am called Potteries vehicle recycling, informing me that they have no other recycling businesses advertising anywhere in the ground. I know browns have got one, and TME!!

Looks as if they are outsourcing everything that was not being done before, not too happy with the logic of that. Seems to be a panic on, I would have thought marketing of the club should be a continuous event with a small resident staff, but once customer relations break down you have to employ contractors who do not have local knowledge.

Archived