onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

The Case for the Current PVFC Board

Fosse69

Advert

Maybe fans should stick to being fans and not get involved in politics, I agree. Bill Bratt and Glenn Oliver resign and allow Mo Chaudry in. Perfect rwfopvfc, glad you agree!

This makes no sense.

Do I really have to explain it to you or are you just being pedantic?

This makes no sense.

Do I really have to explain it to you or are you just being pedantic?

It makes perfect sense. The board don't have a clue what they are doing, hence the huge losses and 50% drop in season ticket sales since 2008/09, so maybe they should go back to being fans and allow someone in, like Mo, who does have a clue what to do.

I should start by saying that I fully support SEO, B&G, etc, but this thread is very interesting.

My dad isn't that old (56) but he too thinks Choudry is a slippery customer and doesn't wanT him in charge - no real evidence to back that up but he certainly isn't alone. Could we give the board some credit by assuming there's no smoke without fire?

As for positives of their own, I'm struggling. The best I can come up with is that Bratt and Oliver are true Vale fans and if the chips were down, would

do their best to make sure the club survive. I think we'd still have a club in 20 years time if they stay at the helm, albeit one in the lower reaches

of the non league pyramid.

I also can't agree with the picture being painted of them as evil - it simply boils down to incompetency, in so many areas that it's scary. So, "not evil", a positive?

I think they're just small time businessmen playing with a multi million pound business and enjoying the perks.

It makes perfect sense. The board don't have a clue what they are doing, hence the huge losses and 50% drop in season ticket sales since 2008/09, so maybe they should go back to being fans and allow someone in, like Mo, who does have a clue what to do.

Does he have a clue what to do? If the board packed in tomorrow would he really be the answer? Would he still want to take over the club or was it all just a publicity stunt chasing something he knew he wasn't going to get? Something tells me he'd be different if he actually had the club offered over to him.

Do you agree with Starve 'Em Out Twitters? I sense you too see it as counter-productive, that if it goes to plan it will do for more damage than good, short term and long term?

As for saying football fans should stick to being football fans, you must admit the large majority of the people protesting etc don't really know how complicated the situation is. To them its black and white, they want the board out so they'll seek to get them out but they wouldn't have a constructive opinion of how the club should be rebuilt and how feasible it is to basically, through Starve 'Em Out put the club out of business to take it forward.

season tickets were mega cheap that year tho pal. my mate rekkons we will make more money out of selling less season tickets at a bigger price. also if we get off to a good start we are gonna get loads of people paying full whack on the day this is why we need to get off to a good start cus it will bring in loads of cash and we will be back to the crowds we had last year when vale was rockin agen!

season tickets were mega cheap that year tho pal. my mate rekkons we will make more money out of selling less season tickets at a bigger price. also if we get off to a good start we are gonna get loads of people paying full whack on the day this is why we need to get off to a good start cus it will bring in loads of cash and we will be back to the crowds we had last year when vale was rockin agen!

They would have to more than 50% cheaper for that theory to work!

Sadly, once again, this thread has shown no reason for the board to stay, excpet unfounded rumours about Mo.

Knowing the small minded mentality of some people in the potteries (and I am not accussing anyone in particular here), I have to wonder if he would be better recieved if his name was Clarke, not Chaudry. If that is the case, then a think a few people need to realise it's 2011, not 1811

They would have to more than 50% cheaper for that theory to work!

Sadly, once again, this thread has shown no reason for the board to stay, excpet unfounded rumours about Mo.

Knowing the small minded mentality of some people in the potteries (and I am not accussing anyone in particular here), I have to wonder if he would be better recieved if his name was Clarke, not Chaudry. If that is the case, then a think a few people need to realise it's 2011, not 1811

Stoke-on-Trent seems to have that problem in general, hence why the BNP did so well until recently. Maybe things are getting better now though.

OK . It's a toughy but here goes:

Pro board head on now.

We have some American interest.......

I disagree.

The American thing is a typical 5h1tty Bill Bratt maneuver. The Port Vale board have not got the brains or foresight to do something like America

Archived