onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

The Case for the Current PVFC Board

Fosse69

Glenn Oliver told fans outside the AGM back in November that Mo Chaudry would get in at Port Vale over his dead body. Mike Newton's bid was rubbished with a weak statement on the official website.

How's that 'rubbishing MC's bid', he's just using a phrase used millions of times a day in the UK. I can't remember seeing the comments on MN's bid, paste them on OVF. Calm down.

We have spent 16 years in the fourth tier of English football, and nearly 20% of that is under V2001. The late 50's we weren't in Division 3. 54-57 we were in the old Division 2. Then we suffered two successive relegations. Then went straight back up in 59-60. V2001 took into Division 4 for the first time since 1986. The last time we spent 3 seasons at this level was between 78 and 83, when we spent 5 seasons there. BB deserves no credit for keeping us in the Football League because we have never been relegated. History tells us that Vale's rightful place is the third tier of English football. We are in the fouth tier solely down to the bad managerial decisions of the board.

You seem to be badly rewriting history to prove a very tedious point!

Your comment, 'the late 50's we weren't in Div3, mmmm incorrect. In the 1956/57 season we were in Div2 and finished bottom. 57/58 we were in Div3 South, 58/59 we were relegated to the newly created Div4 and we were promoted to Div3 at the end of that season. In 59/60 we were in Div 3.

My original post said in the late 50's Vale were in Div3. So from 57-59, Vale spent 1&1/2 seasons in Div3, 1 in Div4 and 1/2 in Div2 and did end the decade (and start the 60's) in Div3. In the late 50's, Vale (57-59) spent more time in Div3 than any other.

If anyone is badly re-writing history its you as you got the facts wrong...again. It was yourself who tediously challenged the very minor point about the late 50's in my original post.

Your point, 'BB deserves no credit for keeping us in the Football League because we have never been relegated' is totally illogical. Just because Vale haven't been relegated from the Football League doesn't mean that, heaven forbid, it couldn't happen, we came too close for comfort in 2008/9. Ask the fans of Stockport County, Chester etc.

Advert

You may want to read my post again because your post has backed me up not you. I clearly said until 57 we were in Division 2 them suffered two delegations then went back up again. You said we were in Division 3 in the late 50s. We were in three different divisions in the late 50s not just 1. So I was right.

As for Stockport, they've been a Conference side before, so have Chester. So that's irrelevant. We haven't. If you're happy at just staying in the league then it's people like you that prevent Stoke-on-Trent moving forward.

Your comment, 'the late 50's we weren't in Div3, mmmm incorrect. In the 1956/57 season we were in Div2 and finished bottom. 57/58 we were in Div3 South, 58/59 we were relegated to the newly created Div4 and we were promoted to Div3 at the end of that season. In 59/60 we were in Div 3.

My original post said in the late 50's Vale were in Div3. So from 57-59, Vale spent 1&1/2 seasons in Div3, 1 in Div4 and 1/2 in Div2 and did end the decade (and start the 60's) in Div3. In the late 50's, Vale (57-59) spent more time in Div3 than any other.

If anyone is badly re-writing history its you as you got the facts wrong...again. It was yourself who tediously challenged the very minor point about the late 50's in my original post.

Your point, 'BB deserves no credit for keeping us in the Football League because we have never been relegated' is totally illogical. Just because Vale haven't been relegated from the Football League doesn't mean that, heaven forbid, it couldn't happen, we came too close for comfort in 2008/9. Ask the fans of Stockport County, Chester etc.

You may want to read my post again because your post has backed me up not you. I clearly said until 57 we were in Division 2 them suffered two delegations then went back up again. You said we were in Division 3 in the late 50s. We were in three different divisions in the late 50s not just 1. So I was right.

As for Stockport, they've been a Conference side before, so have Chester. So that's irrelevant. We haven't. If you're happy at just staying in the league then it's people like you that prevent Stoke-on-Trent moving forward.

Your quote says 'The late 50's we weren't in Division 3', totally incorrect end of, let it go.

I'm not happy with Vale just staying in the football league, where have I said that. Vale need to get out of League 2 asap for obvious reasons.

The last comment is totally ridiculous, words fail me. So how do I prevent Stoke-on Trent moving forward but please don't bother to reply as its 3 posts past boring. :ohmy:

• 2 weeks later...

Archived