onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

The Case for the Current PVFC Board

Fosse69

The only argument is that in our current state, were not paying rent,

The counter argument to that is:

The board had no money of their own so remortgaged Vale Park by borrowing £2.25 million from the Council, secured against the ground. Effectively they are paying £20k per month to buy the ground back from the Council.

Advert

The counter argument to that is:

The board had no money of their own so remortgaged Vale Park by borrowing £2.25 million from the Council, secured against the ground. Effectively they are paying £20k per month to buy the ground back from the Council.

Don't get me wrong, i quite agree, i just know from my family, that pro board feeling is that we're not paying "rent" now, and if we were to be brought out, that would probably change...

Don't get me wrong, i quite agree, i just know from my family, that pro board feeling is that we're not paying "rent" now, and if we were to be brought out, that would probably change...

Out of interest, how have your family come to this conclusion?

Is it from what they have read in The Sentinel, heard on Radio Stoke, gained from attending Mo's public meetings or from the propoganda that V2001 sent out with the EGM voting forms?

Wellsy - I completely understand your position.

I think it's healthy that the main arguments for and against are argued and rebutted in a constructive way. Only then can people make an informed decision about the board on the balance of evidence.

V2001 have always been perceived as being the safe pair of hands, with the club's best interests at heart. The number of people who still believe this is steadily diminishing.

Out of interest, how have your family come to this conclusion?

Is it from what they have read in The Sentinel, heard on Radio Stoke, gained from attending Mo's public meetings or from the propoganda that V2001 sent out with the EGM voting forms?

Lots of different reasons... my Dad, feels Chaudry is a crook, so is more anti- investment than pro-board, my Granddad feels that the board saved the club when it was on it's knee's, and constantly laughs at my suggestions of the board fiddling money with " what money, the vale are skint!", he also favours the partial investment route, where the board stays in power, i don't know why....

I do have to say though, both my Dad and Granddad feel that the SEO/B/G groups are trouble.. i'd say that was more from being mis-informed... my granddad likes to cite clubs such as Swansea, Wrexham ect and the rent back scams as reasons not sell... silly i know...

I, as the only member of the family who regularly attend the games am part of the starve em out, and feel that within time the inevitable will happen, i've spoken to a lot of people and the large majority of pro board are either slightly complexed.... (no offence... this is not applicable to everyone..), arm chair supporters, or elderly and stuck in their ways... vulnerable and partial to the spiel spouted by Bratt and co on a daily basis...

Lots of different reasons... my Dad, feels Chaudry is a crook, so is more anti- investment than pro-board, my Granddad feels that the board saved the club when it was on it's knee's, and constantly laughs at my suggestions of the board fiddling money with " what money, the vale are skint!", he also favours the partial investment route, where the board stays in power, i don't know why....

I do have to say though, both my Dad and Granddad feel that the SEO/B/G groups are trouble.. i'd say that was more from being mis-informed... my granddad likes to cite clubs such as Swansea, Wrexham ect and the rent back scams as reasons not sell... silly i know...

I, as the only member of the family who regularly attend the games am part of the starve em out, and feel that within time the inevitable will happen, i've spoken to a lot of people and the large majority of pro board are either slightly complexed.... (no offence... this is not applicable to everyone..), arm chair supporters, or elderly and stuck in their ways... vulnerable and partial to the spiel spouted by Bratt and co on a daily basis...

I'm sure you've covered all this, but...

Why is he a crook? Evidence? (I know you're not saying this, incidentally)

Plenty of debt, though. Oh, and the board didn't save the club...partial investment...oh my aching sides

The same swansea who are now in the Prem?

I agree with you on your last para.

Nothing positive...as ever.

I'm sure your family are no different from most.

I'm sure you've covered all this, but...

Why is he a crook? Evidence? (I know you're not saying this, incidentally)

Plenty of debt, though. Oh, and the board didn't save the club...partial investment...oh my aching sides

The same swansea who are now in the Prem?

I agree with you on your last para.

Nothing positive...as ever.

I'm sure your family are no different from most.

A. Mainly the whole issue with the miners... the council affair, and also the fact they feel it is more of an avenue of getting his face in the papers/voice on the radio.

B. There was a letter in the sentinel a while back from somebody against Chaudry citing Wrexham, Swansea, ect... i said the same thing to my granddad and i think he mentioned the people concerned were overthrown at a crucial moment ...

As far as i see it more people know about Chaudry's where about's than Bratt's he's fully aware of the job in hand and must also know the support he has if he is willing to act on his promises, give it a go, but i'd prefer to not go splashing his cash on players like everybody was suggesting, sure the ship, with steady, but effective sustained growth...

OK . It's a toughy but here goes:

Pro board head on now.

We are not in admin.

We have some American interest.......big market? High profile?

Robbie.

They are under pressure and will have to do SOMETHING to save their own skins. Hopefully that will mean they avoid any legal charges and to do that Vale has to succeed this season.

Let's see the amount of NEW shares sold in the next set of accounts. If it is over £500K then I will be impressed.

Then I will be ambivolent at best.

OOOOPs stopped being pro board there for a moment.

===

A. Mainly the whole issue with the miners... the council affair, and also the fact they feel it is more of an avenue of getting his face in the papers/voice on the radio.

B. There was a letter in the sentinel a while back from somebody against Chaudry citing Wrexham, Swansea, ect... i said the same thing to my granddad and i think he mentioned the people concerned were overthrown at a crucial moment ...

As far as i see it more people know about Chaudry's where about's than Bratt's he's fully aware of the job in hand and must also know the support he has if he is willing to act on his promises, give it a go, but i'd prefer to not go splashing his cash on players like everybody was suggesting, sure the ship, with steady, but effective sustained growth...

A/ What insurance salesman or woman has never miss sold? I know from personal accounts that Bill Bratt MBE is not one of a small minority.

B/ Steady and sustained failure - not noticed the past eight years? I have. I used to go and support it. I try to be positive at every development, just being optomistic is NOT enough. Were you at Bury when we were 3:0 down at HT and Glover did nowt then proclained that a 0:0 in the second half was good? And it was wet. And the pies were cold.

Get investment. Splash the cash. Get back to the Championship. Anything less is unacceptable IMHO. It can be done, just get this "little Vale" ****** of us backs and crack on. ===

There's the fact that we've had 8 years of football at Vale Park which in 2003 we were far from taking for granted when we were in Administration. I believe the board to have been somewhat inept and inexperienced with running football clubs but all this about them being crooks and attacks on their personality is just too much. It really disappoints me to read some of the things I read about Bratt.

Also, so I do agree that we hired terrible Managers for a while which made for poor team performance, less fans, further budget cuts etc, but this was a lesson finally learned with the appointment of Micky Adams. Even Jim Gannon was an experienced candidate and a lot of fans were pleased with his appointment at the time, and they nor the board could have foreseen his tenure being so disastrous.

So, then we come to the current predicament, where as usual there is 'investors' sniffing around the club, just like Harlequin, Paladini, the X, Y and Z Consortium. Are we really sure that Chaudry and/or Mark Sims can make a success of a notoriously skint football club?

Personally, I'm not necessarily pro-board but I empathise with them, the time and money they've put in to the club over the years. I do feel that they're inexperienced and sometimes inept in this industry, they've been guilty of a lack of transparency and are often too slow to take the changes which we can all see need to me made. For instants, they took too long to learn the significance of a proven and experienced Manager.

So, I do agree change is necessary but a complete overhaul could be disastrous. The Starve 'Em Out Campaign seems to me to be not very well thought through. Its like... "lets get rid of the board and then, err, see what happens."

The fact is no one really knows what Chaudry's genuine interests are and no one really know what he's thinking at the moment. It would seem to me he's given up interest. As for Mark Sims, whats his game? He seems to me to be more than a trouble maker than anything, he's yet to do anything productive for Port Vale, he's put no money on the table, yet consistently stirs things up in the media, getting all the Starve 'Em Out crowd even higher on their horses.

Basically, its a complicated and fragile situation. That is why I think Starve 'Em Out is the wrong way to go about things. Starve 'Em out if successful would bring the complete overhaul, and with that I really don't know where we'd go to next. If Chaudry became Chairman tomorrow, how long until you're all standing outside the club calling for his head?

Maybe football fans should just stick to being football fans sometimes and leave the politics to those who know what they're doing. There really is too many 'fans' who just have no idea what they are talking about. They have sided with Starve 'Em Out but ask them what would happen if the board packed in tomorrow and they wouldn't know where to start with their answer.

There's the fact that we've had 8 years of football at Vale Park which in 2003 we were far from taking for granted when we were in Administration. I believe the board to have been somewhat inept and inexperienced with running football clubs but all this about them being crooks and attacks on their personality is just too much. It really disappoints me to read some of the things I read about Bratt.

Also, so I do agree that we hired terrible Managers for a while which made for poor team performance, less fans, further budget cuts etc, but this was a lesson finally learned with the appointment of Micky Adams. Even Jim Gannon was an experienced candidate and a lot of fans were pleased with his appointment at the time, and they nor the board could have foreseen his tenure being so disastrous.

So, then we come to the current predicament, where as usual there is 'investors' sniffing around the club, just like Harlequin, Paladini, the X, Y and Z Consortium. Are we really sure that Chaudry and/or Mark Sims can make a success of a notoriously skint football club?

Personally, I'm not necessarily pro-board but I empathise with them, the time and money they've put in to the club over the years. I do feel that they're inexperienced and sometimes inept in this industry, they've been guilty of a lack of transparency and are often too slow to take the changes which we can all see need to me made. For instants, they took too long to learn the significance of a proven and experienced Manager.

So, I do agree change is necessary but a complete overhaul could be disastrous. The Starve 'Em Out Campaign seems to me to be not very well thought through. Its like... "lets get rid of the board and then, err, see what happens."

The fact is no one really knows what Chaudry's genuine interests are and no one really know what he's thinking at the moment. It would seem to me he's given up interest. As for Mark Sims, whats his game? He seems to me to be more than a trouble maker than anything, he's yet to do anything productive for Port Vale, he's put no money on the table, yet consistently stirs things up in the media, getting all the Starve 'Em Out crowd even higher on their horses.

Basically, its a complicated and fragile situation. That is why I think Starve 'Em Out is the wrong way to go about things. Starve 'Em out if successful would bring the complete overhaul, and with that I really don't know where we'd go to next. If Chaudry became Chairman tomorrow, how long until you're all standing outside the club calling for his head?

Maybe football fans should just stick to being football fans sometimes and leave the politics to those who know what they're doing. There really is too many 'fans' who just have no idea what they are talking about. They have sided with Starve 'Em Out but ask them what would happen if the board packed in tomorrow and they wouldn't know where to start with their answer.

Good points. Now buy some shares. Let me know how you get on.

Archived