onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Pages message to fans......

MattW

See you can get things right every once in a while ;)

Exactly my way of thinking. I still can't fathom a reason for offering players who aren't good enough lower wages to keep a team morale which would obviously be impacted for that very reason. It would be better to say thanks for your service and cheerio to people like Lloyd, Yates, Dodds, Birchall and Williamson et al to enable us to keep the better players.

20 players of streamlined improvement plus the 5 youth players and the odd loan as and when would have been ideal.

If you were to leave 'my boy' Louis out Then I would fully agree with your latest post.

Seriously Louis is a very valuable member to a club like the vale because he is very versatile which if I am honest I feel has often been his downfall because when he has been played out of his real position he has often been criticised. That's also the reason why to compare his goals to games ratio is really irrelevant.

Advert

if he'd released half a dozen players then his statement would have been acceptable,but he didn't so it isn't.end of

Completely agree, his first act as manager was to decide on the retained list and he showed either crass cowardice by offering a number of players reduced terms in the hope that they would leave rather than tell them they weren't wanted or he actually thinks that they may be worth keeping. Either way totally unacceptable management.

Just my opinion of course

If you were to leave 'my boy' Louis out Then I would fully agree with your latest post.

Seriously Louis is a very valuable member to a club like the vale because he is very versatile which if I am honest I feel has often been his downfall because when he has been played out of his real position he has often been criticised. That's also the reason why to compare his goals to games ratio is really irrelevant.

But...if he's very versatile that versatility should impinge on him being able to do his job. He's either versatile or he's a number 10 which people keep saying is his position (which he didn't really prosper in this season. Anyway that's semantics regarding one player. Let's not ruin our newly found unity! :)

Completely agree, his first act as manager was to decide on the retained list and he showed either crass cowardice by offering a number of players reduced terms in the hope that they would leave rather than tell them they weren't wanted or he actually thinks that they may be worth keeping. Either way totally unacceptable management.

Just my opinion of course

I agree.

But either way a clear-out of most has to be a good thing as long as RP has the replacements ready and waiting.

But...if he's very versatile that versatility should impinge on him being able to do his job. He's either versatile or he's a number 10 which people keep saying is his position (which he didn't really prosper in this season. Anyway that's semantics regarding one player. Let's not ruin our newly found unity! :)

*should not

I agree.

But either way a clear-out of most has to be a good thing as long as RP has the replacements ready and waiting.

Can he think about replacing them until he knows if they will accept?.... and if they do?... will we need a bigger dressing room?

Can he think about replacing them until he knows if they will accept?.... and if they do?... will we need a bigger dressing room?

It would be a joke if he was playing Russian Roulette with regard to who may re-sign. Whatever he's doing I hope that there is a pretty short period for them to decide.

The whole thing looks like a shambles.

See you can get things right every once in a while ;)

Exactly my way of thinking. I still can't fathom a reason for offering players who aren't good enough lower wages to keep a team morale which would obviously be impacted for that very reason. It would be better to say thanks for your service and cheerio to people like Lloyd, Yates, Dodds, Birchall and Williamson et al to enable us to keep the better players.

20 players of streamlined improvement plus the 5 youth players and the odd loan as and when would have been ideal.

perhaps he's frightened of losing the good old pagey spirit.

Archived