onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Interpretations of Black & Gold

nodge

I've been reading with interest the usual spouting of venom, and poorly consructed arguments surrounding pro/anti board feelings.

I just feel it's important for us to focus on a few important matters.

No matter what Perry Deakin says, Black & Gold supporters have always been behind the team and always will. We support the team no matter what. We may not agree what goes on behind the scenes but we always get behind the lads for 90 minutes. For me that will never change.

I don't agree with the more aggressive approaches to the board. The threats and sending of Offal through the post, I doubt is endorsed by any true B&G supporter.

On a personal level, I feel it's wrong to assume that because I wear a B&G scarf, that I am 100% behind Mr Chaudry's bid.

I do believe he's the best option at the table, the fact of the matter is that V2001 have gone as far as they can go. They do not have the money, drive nor ambition to take my club where I want it to go.

I wear B&G to symbolise my desire for change at the club.

I don't condone aggression towards the board, but they need to accept that their time has come. They are antagonising supporters with a less than level headed approach.

I get behind the team. Ok, at present I do not have a season ticket and I do not intend in doing so. That is my choice and I don't expect others to follow but it is my belief that the personnel behind my club are mocking the fans by taking their money each year and putting the bare minumum back in.

I wear the scarf as I believe it shows a unified desire for change, and a collective desire for a new wave of ambition.

We have a great stadium, and this city can sustain two teams providing we have a successful team that plays attractive football at a reasonable price.

That said, the playing budget is far too low to mount a serious challenge. No disrespect to our current batch of players, but I disagree with Micky Adams in saying that he doesn't think we need many new additions.

I believe we need at least 7 players and 4 of the higher quality at least to mount a serious challenge. No point blaming SEO for this, where has the money been all these years. They plainly don't have two pennies to rub together.

If the club share my ambition, they should be courting investors, or are we happy to stutter on for the next 8 years like the last.

Black & Gold, for all the right reasons, until the club is sold.

=== === === === === === === === === === === === === ===

Pack your bags V2001, you have no money or ambition.

Advert

In that respect, I think it's important for B&G to continue on their original objective.

I won't accept this board, lack of ambition and small-time ideas.

I want to see my club back in higher leagues and to do this, they must let someone invest some SERIOUS money.

I will continue to protest, until they go.

If they think we're done, they're in for a shock.

Prety well bang on the way I feel.....I will be attending next season, home and away though as a pay as you go customer....We need change that is certain, but a lot of comments and agressive comments and actions are pushing people against B and G, at the end of the day I want success for the club and if the current changes to the board and adding Mark Simms or whoever to the board brought this success than I would support the board, I do feel this is unlikely to happen with the current regime and I feel we are stuck with them for at least another season.

I've been reading with interest the usual spouting of venom, and poorly consructed arguments surrounding pro/anti board feelings.

I just feel it's important for us to focus on a few important matters.

No matter what Perry Deakin says, Black & Gold supporters have always been behind the team and always will. We support the team no matter what. We may not agree what goes on behind the scenes but we always get behind the lads for 90 minutes. For me that will never change.

I don't agree with the more aggressive approaches to the board. The threats and sending of Offal through the post, I doubt is endorsed by any true B&G supporter.

On a personal level, I feel it's wrong to assume that because I wear a B&G scarf, that I am 100% behind Mr Chaudry's bid.

I do believe he's the best option at the table, the fact of the matter is that V2001 have gone as far as they can go. They do not have the money, drive nor ambition to take my club where I want it to go.

I wear B&G to symbolise my desire for change at the club.

I don't condone aggression towards the board, but they need to accept that their time has come. They are antagonising supporters with a less than level headed approach.

I get behind the team. Ok, at present I do not have a season ticket and I do not intend in doing so. That is my choice and I don't expect others to follow but it is my belief that the personnel behind my club are mocking the fans by taking their money each year and putting the bare minumum back in.

I wear the scarf as I believe it shows a unified desire for change, and a collective desire for a new wave of ambition.

We have a great stadium, and this city can sustain two teams providing we have a successful team that plays attractive football at a reasonable price.

That said, the playing budget is far too low to mount a serious challenge. No disrespect to our current batch of players, but I disagree with Micky Adams in saying that he doesn't think we need many new additions.

I believe we need at least 7 players and 4 of the higher quality at least to mount a serious challenge. No point blaming SEO for this, where has the money been all these years. They plainly don't have two pennies to rub together.

If the club share my ambition, they should be courting investors, or are we happy to stutter on for the next 8 years like the last.

Black & Gold, for all the right reasons, until the club is sold.

=== === === === === === === === === === === === === ===

Pack your bags V2001, you have no money or ambition.

That Sir is exactly the way I feel...more or less word for word. A great post in my opinion. :yes:

I think there is some misunderstanding about support....

THE CLUB.... is the business

THE TEAM.... is the product

Its quite possible to support the team without supporting the club..... you dont have to be in attendance to support the team.... you could live thousands of miles away or simply be unable to get to matches some/all the time.

That is my choice and I don't expect others to follow but it is my belief that the personnel behind my club are mocking the fans by taking their money each year and putting the bare minumum back in.

Nodge, we are currently spending more money than we generate on the team - hence the 300k loss. How is this the "bare minimum"? Would you rather we ran a bigger loss?

Or do you think its the job of the "personnel behind the club" to spend money from their own bank account?

Nodge, we are currently spending more money than we generate on the team - hence the 300k loss. How is this the "bare minimum"? Would you rather we ran a bigger loss?

Or do you think its the job of the "personnel behind the club" to spend money from their own bank account?

I would like them to put their hands up, acknowledge that they cannot afford to fund a team capable of promotion from League 2 and step aside.

On a contentious note though, I would consider offering to buy the shares from them - if Oliver for example is living in a campervan he'll hang on forever until he realises a return on this "asset" - at least he can then go out and buy a bigger campervan, possibly with an annex for when he has guests over.

Further we could sue him if it all goes **** up, but for what? A dodgy suit, farmville credits and the van?

He has nothing to lose and everything to gain by hanging on and dragging this out.

Sorry , it does not follow, they can be spending far to much money on other things, all those consultation fees add up, how effective is the non-football business?

Sometimes you have to speculate to accumulate and our board don't have the money to "speculate"

Look at the influence of funding and ambition in the higher leagues.

Blackpool, Swansea, Hull were all in our league when V2001 took over.

That's where genuine investment and real ambition gets you.

I appreciate the board saved us, we get that but we are slipping away without a fight. It pains me to see this club struggling in this league. Surely the board want this as much as we do??

Sometimes you have to speculate to accumulate and our board don't have the money to "speculate"

Look at the influence of funding and ambition in the higher leagues.

Blackpool, Swansea, Hull were all in our league when V2001 took over.

That's where genuine investment and real ambition gets you.

I agree to a large extent Nodge, and I think one of the problems of the Vale is its ownership structure. That kind of "bonzai or bust" approach really needs a club where someone owns the whole thing, or at least the huge majority of it, and will swallow any losses that are result.

Right now port vale could borrow more money to speculate (thats ok in moderation) or they could tap current shareholders via a rights issue (cant see that raising much) or they can sell fresh equity to a new investor who is prepared to tag along with V2001 (but given 24.9% rule, this only has so much potential).

I would much rather see somebody come in and just make an offer to buy the club and its assets from the v2001 shareholders and be done with the whole company. But there isn't anyone prepared to do that, and especially not at a price the major shareholders would agree to.

I would much rather see somebody come in and just make an offer to buy the club and its assets from the v2001 shareholders and be done with the whole company. But there isn't anyone prepared to do that, and especially not at a price the major shareholders would agree to.

Absolutely, so I think in scrapping the 24.9% rule, this could pave the way.

I just wish they would at least make us feel like they want to take us further. We're just existing, not actually going anywhere.

Archived