onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

When will we hear from Sims and NLV ...

BycarsLane

for anyone believing hirst or simms would get an opportunity to buy shares DREAM ON ? it would never get passed in a million years as it would weaken the boards stance.

The only was to test this would be for Sims to walk into the Club Shop/Reception, accompanied by Martin Tideswell and Matt Sandoz, with a cheque for 24.9% of issued shares in his hand. I for one don't think the share purchase could/would be blocked as they would have no authority to do so. What's more, with two members of the press there I don't think they'd dare.

The real issue with the above scenario is this:

- Mark is a rich man, but at present he may not be willing to invest such a large amount of money nor have the time to focus on Port Vale.

- Even if he had the funds available would he be prepared to invest such a large amount of money and still face the prospect of being outvoted 3 - 1 by the current board members?

The club wouldn't block the purchase of shares by Sims because no one can doubt his motives. He has put more into the club than the current board put together (through sponsorship) and is Vale through and through.

Advert

The only was to test this would be for Sims to walk into the Club Shop/Reception, accompanied by Martin Tideswell and Matt Sandoz, with a cheque for 24.9% of issued shares in his hand. I for one don't think the share purchase could/would be blocked as they would have no authority to do so. What's more, with two members of the press there I don't think they'd dare.

The real issue with the above scenario is this:

- Mark is a rich man, but at present he may not be willing to invest such a large amount of money nor have the time to focus on Port Vale.

- Even if he had the funds available would he be prepared to invest such a large amount of money and still face the prospect of being outvoted 3 - 1 by the current board members?

The club wouldn't block the purchase of shares by Sims because no one can doubt his motives. He has put more into the club than the current board put together (through sponsorship) and is Vale through and through.

Any shares against the board will not be sold. Simple.

Any shares against the board will not be sold. Simple.

Exactly, because if MS buys shares they have to buy the same amount to keep thier majority. But if Amer/Harliquin buy shares they are not likely to challenge the board. There is only a bad ending for this board and club.

To be honest Tony, I for one do not think his shares were ever purchased, I think it was all a set up to belittle Mo, I'm thinking along the lines that the board offered RL a place on the board, with free advertising in exchange for his vote, when all becomes clear, I do not think I'm to far off the mark.

Interesting thought. I always found it strange to why he wanted to sell them in the first place when he allegedly offered to invest more earlier this year for a place on the board/chairman.

All will come out in the wash but if he did become chairman things would get very interesting....:ninja:

I'm with you on this one BL.Sentinel headlines 'Sims blocked by other board members,but accept less amount from Lee'.I'd make it as public as possible.

Exactly. I'd love to see Mark Sims walk into the Vale, the press in tow.

It is a different matter for Chaudry. He is not a lifelong Vale fan like Sims so maybe the sale of shares to him would be blocked. For me this isn't about Chaudry any more anyway. Its about changing the balance of power in the boardroom so that the wishes of the 85% of shareholders who want change are respected.

I hope Sims and Hirst speak out soon about what their position is.

why do you think the press being there would alter anything?

they have chased bill bratt for two weeks to ask him about ignoring the will of the fans by not standing down due to the vote of no confidence , WHERE IS HIS INTERVIEW ?

all any of the board will do is refuse to talk. they won't return calls , reply to emails etc etc. any interview given will be staged and squeaky deakin will be put centre stage until the wrong question is asked then its time to go.

matt sandoz , steve shaw etc ets would make no difference by being there . as for martin tideswell he has now shown his distaste for the board and their vile ways so i doubt they would give martin the time of day as he would no longer be sympathetic to their ridiculous lies.

No he hasn't.

and BL he is a rich businessman because he isnt stupid enough to walk into Vale with a cheque for £400,000 without checking the solvency of the club first.

So where will he go from here?

No he hasn't.

and BL he is a rich businessman because he isnt stupid enough to walk into Vale with a cheque for £400,000 without checking the solvency of the club first.

TBF Dave I like BL thought he could possibly get the shares if he became a director.

Archived