onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

When will we hear from Sims and NLV ...

BycarsLane

... about what their next moves will be? It is three weeks this Wednesday since the EGM. What progress has been made? Confidentiality agreements do not forbid the release of generic statements. Also I feel the local press have a duty to be pushing more sternly for answers and that they have been rather silent recently.

I am also quite concerned by the comments made by 'Andy Jones' on another thread which states how he believes the board have no intention of letting either Sims or Hirst sit on the board. I would be surprised if that happened. Sims was democratically elected by shareholders and a NLV rep was invited onto the board. Even our board, which has come in for some criticism at times recently, wouldn't back track on their offer I am sure. If they do they are of the highest order and no person who claims to be a Port Vale fan could ever defend their actions again. Even idiots like that gypsy-rockstar-author who left the EGM just in front of me and (paraded a 'V for Victory' sign to those outside) would surely run out of excuses.

Advert

BL,

Expect the unexpected - anything could happen with this board unfortunately. It would not surprise me at all if the three/four amigos put a spanner in the work of democracy; it’s their trademark to date after all.

I can see Mark Sims deciding not to become a director as the business has been failing and losing money for years and I wouldn’t blame him one bit if he decided not to join the net of vipers. I'll even be surprised if he has got full access to the accounts and if I was him and found some dodgy stuff had gone on I'd say' confidentiality agreement be damned' and publish my thoughts on the subject in the local rag

They don't care about excuses, they have what they need....the 4th board member.

They will put every possible block in the way before they allow sims anywhere near any 'books'. The offer to NLV will simply be forgotten/ignored.

They aren't interested in olive branches and would rather B&F, SEO NLV etc actually did go and support Newcastle Town next season.

They honestly believe that sitting their struggling in front of 2/3k 'support' (who believe 'they' are doing everything in the best interest of the club) is far far better than actually doing what really is best 'for us all'.

They think that the 2/3k will simply sit there and cheer the lads on and never question why 'we are where we are'.

What a sad and very very sorry tate OUR CLUB has become. Riddled from top to toe with backstabbing, lies, deceipt, self-interest and Lord knows what else.

BL,

Expect the unexpected - anything could happen with this board unfortunately. It would not surprise me at all if the three/four amigos put a spanner in the work of democracy; it’s their trademark to date after all.

I can see Mark Sims deciding not to become a director as the business has been failing and losing money for years and I wouldn’t blame him one bit if he decided not to join the net of vipers. I'll even be surprised if he has got full access to the accounts and if I was him and found some dodgy stuff had gone on I'd say' confidentiality agreement be damned' and publish my thoughts on the subject in the local rag

'wouldn't blame him one bit'? I can't agree with that

People worked to bring about the EGM and all the challenges that faced, the EGM has caused unrest and caused problems with squad preparation....after all the fighting talk over the past few months he will just prove to be a man of no substance.

It's a failing club, as most are and the debt strangling the club will be similar to what any club would expect. If Mark Sims doesn't want a failing business against his name he may aswell have steered clear from football clubs....even ones he supports.

If he decides not to go through with it after all this he has helped to leave us in an even worse position going into next season than when we began. Starve em Out, Adams becoming a director, fighting and unrest between fans all came about because of the promise of a takeover. If he steps out at the first hurdle it just shows it was for nothing.

LV,

Mark Sims originally wanted a seat on the board with Mo so they would have Mo's money to run the club. If Mark see the mess this current board have got us into and doesn’t want to be a part of it without Mo's money to help us I wouldn’t blame him at all.

LV,

Mark Sims originally wanted a seat on the board with Mo so they would have Mo's money to run the club. If Mark see the mess this current board have got us into and doesn’t want to be a part of it without Mo's money to help us I wouldn’t blame him at all.

If Sims is still in cahoots with Chaudry and Chaudry on a daily basis keeps telling us he won't go away then Sims would have nothing to worry about.

They don't care about excuses, they have what they need....the 4th board member.

They will put every possible block in the way before they allow sims anywhere near any 'books'. The offer to NLV will simply be forgotten/ignored. QUOTE]

Do we know if Mark Sims and his team have been able to see the books yet? or what have they been doing since the EGM?

LV,

Do you think the board will have anything to do with M Sims if he is still 'in cahoots' with Mo Chaudry? I doubt this very much indeed after all the bad blood that has been spilt.

The Board don't have a choice after he was voted on.

If Sims joining the Board isn't with the intention of moving towards a takeover then I must be missing the point of him being there at all.

Do we know if Mark Sims and his team have been able to see the books yet? or what have they been doing since the EGM?

No one knows for certain but my guess is that he has signed the confidential agreement the club insisted on and his team now have access to the books, otherwise I think we would have heard something had it been any different.

LV,

The present board will not allow a takeover to be mooted by MS as he neither has enough shares or money to buy them and all he suggests will simply be out voted four to one. The only chance of a takeover was with Mo's money and without it there is no point in MS even trying - all very depressing I'm afraid.

P.S. how so I put previous quotes on my messages?!

Archived