onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

**** off micky adams

FRITTER

dave8059, I can understand why somebody would once have been pro-Adams (about 7 months ago), but why would they defend him becoming a director? He shouldn't even be manager in my view. Any explanation would be appreciated :)

I agree and don't. I mean he was given the managers job back too easily. He left us and then failed badly where he went. But it is highly rediculace that a manager that walks out is made a director at the vale in any case. Maybe if he had, had years and years of success and been at vale for maybe ten years and took the club beyond where it had been before then he could have a say.

Advert

Spoken to many Wrexham, York or Chester fans recently? (view coming from an anti-V2001 perspective)

No but I might be able to in a couple of seasons when we are playing them.

What we have is as bad and will end in the same way IMHO

Gallifreyan Valiant-So you actually agree with me, given you haven't offered a reason why you disagree?

Timothius-I hope we aren't playing Chester in a couple of years, given where they now are! I don't think we will be, I think we are stuck where we are now whilst this board are here, no higher, no lower. I am very wary however of wishing for "anything but this board" like many seem to have fallen into the trap of. I know fans of the 3 above clubs and they would back me up on that.

Gallifreyan Valiant-So you actually agree with me, given you haven't offered a reason why you disagree?

Timothius-I hope we aren't playing Chester in a couple of years, given where they now are! I don't think we will be, I think we are stuck where we are now whilst this board are here, no higher, no lower. I am very wary however of wishing for "anything but this board" like many seem to have fallen into the trap of. I know fans of the 3 above clubs and they would back me up on that.

I agree in no way shape or form should he be a director. I must admit I half wanted hi back but when he cameI didn't feel excited and was wondering is it really that greater thing.

I think we will end up non league as things stand tbh.

Lot of **** clubs about. We aren't one of the 2 ****test, believe me.

As you put it so well, that's me off to the ticket office to part with my £300 for a season ticket, can't wait for the start of the season and a 3rd bottom finish to the season. Looks like Deakin was right about the exciting season we've just had then.

As you put it so well, that's me off to the ticket office to part with my £300 for a season ticket, can't wait for the start of the season and a 3rd bottom finish to the season. Looks like Deakin was right about the exciting season we've just had then.

:) You're more optimistic than me then. Wimbledon 3rd September for me. We'll go from there after that...

Aiming to avoid relegation and aiming to get promotion are 2 different aims.

Yes but we were aiming for promotion, it was bigged up as the big promotion budget and we got relegated.

I am not saying we will go down this year but it is not immpossible. I think we could even go up once and drop like a stone twice.

Some people have really grabbed on to this ominous 'you will get the club you deserve' thing as a cover-all retort, haven't they? This site really is turning into the football equivalent of a Jehovah's witnesses collective.

Anyway, I look at it this way. If Micky Adams hadn't chucked in his own cash and joined the board, somone else would have. It may have been Mr. Plant, it may have been Mr. Lee. What I'm saying is that just because it isn't ideal doesn't make it the worst case scenario, and MA certainly doesn't deserve the abuse he's getting on here.

I'm often proud to see Vale fans standing up for themselves, but I question what seems to be turning into the need on here to blindly fight every single development at the club. In my eyes, MA has done nothing wrong here. The other three board members have. Don't let them use MA as a human shield.

Archived