onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Pope hits out at negative fans...

Advert

tbh up until this last few days i had no idea tom had been getting flack from a few keyboard warriors. personally i think popey would have been better either ignoring the posters or just come off social media temporarily , however he hasn't and subsequently given the critics some stick back . for me it is all a bit sad. what people need to remember is that whilst tom might be struggling a little with form at the minute he always has and always will bust a gut for the club we all love and while form is temporary class is permanent . whether or not popey stays at the club at the end of the season ,as far as i am concerned , popey will be a legend imo . maybe not comparable to some of the stars of yester year but certainly one of our stars and a major catalyst in our upturn in fortunes after a dozen years of decline.

tbh up until this last few days i had no idea tom had been getting flack from a few keyboard warriors. personally i think popey would have been better either ignoring the posters or just come off social media temporarily , however he hasn't and subsequently given the critics some stick back . for me it is all a bit sad. what people need to remember is that whilst tom might be struggling a little with form at the minute he always has and always will bust a gut for the club we all love and while form is temporary class is permanent . whether or not popey stays at the club at the end of the season ,as far as i am concerned , popey will be a legend imo . maybe not comparable to some of the stars of yester year but certainly one of our stars and a major catalyst in our upturn in fortunes after a dozen years of decline.

He was probably better off saying what he did when he's scoring goals and playing well instead of looking like a Conference player. Fans at every level are fickle in football. If he starts to look a bit more interested and gets himself on the score-sheet a bit more often again he'll be adored as he's been in the past, and all will be forgotten.

Who the **** mentioned any statue?!?!

No, of course I don't think that we should have a ****ing statue of Tom Pope. However, nor do I think he should be subjected to personal abuse via PMs on Facebook or Twitter. One doesn't necessarily mean the other.

Some numpty on here the other day saying that if Tom Pope had scored the goals he has scored for any other club he would of had a statue by now. Had to spit my tea out when I read it.

JMW also one of the league 2 players of the year! Can't have it both ways. He scored and importantly set loads up for others including Pope.

Banging your head against a brick wall Rep, it would be interesting to see Jenos assists during that promotion season. As for League 1 his goals and assists were very respectable.

Banging your head against a brick wall Rep, it would be interesting to see Jenos assists during that promotion season. As for League 1 his goals and assists were very respectable.

It just doesn't make sense that one player that was one of the best he adores like a child and the and other equally recognised he ridicules at every opportunity.

I could only find his overall stats for us which shows 102 appearances with 22 goals and 22 assists meaning he contributed a goal or an assist just over every other game...

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/jennison-myrie-williams/leistungsdatenverein/spieler/47985#ath

Tom Pope was absolutely within his rights to make those comments. Well said, Beechy.

Some of the criticism he gets is quite frankly unbelievable. He's scored 55 goals in 154 appearances since signing for us and yet still some myopic jokers reckon he's a waste of time. Are you all for real?

The lad has had a serious injury and missed 3 months of the season yet still heads out goal charts with 11. The service to him is often dreadful. He would run through a brick wall for the Vale and doesn't deserve this infantile abuse.

At other clubs, with a goal return like that, he'd be getting a statue built in his honour. Lay off the lad and give him some support. 3/4 of the teams in this league would love to have Pope in their match day squad.

Messi has scored over 300 goals no statue, yet this guy thinks Tom Pope's 55 goals at any other club he would be getting a statue.

This shows some fans over hyping of Tom Pope.

He was probably better off saying what he did when he's scoring goals and playing well instead of looking like a Conference player. Fans at every level are fickle in football. If he starts to look a bit more interested and gets himself on the score-sheet a bit more often again he'll be adored as he's been in the past, and all will be forgotten.
Perhaps not by Tom though Beechy. Criticism hurts and lasts longer than praise.

Archived