onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

No excitement about fixtures

Phil.j.B

Guest dog vlf

i shall go every hme game and as many away games as i can 2 support my team nt just away games like most of ya u all need get a grip

Advert

No board fan myself but I'm dead excited. Looking forwards to the first game without all the boo boys getting on the players backs! Please do us all a favour and stay away!

First and foremost I'm a vale fan, not pro board, a vale fan! I follow the team through thick and thin.

I know I'll get shouted down but I don't care cos its the lads on the pitch that need my support and that's all that matters to me.

AND, before you all start I do want the board gone but I'm not stopping my support of the team just because I don't agree with the current board.

No board fan myself but I'm dead excited. Looking forwards to the first game without all the boo boys getting on the players backs! Please do us all a favour and stay away!

First and foremost I'm a vale fan, not pro board, a vale fan! I follow the team through thick and thin.

I know I'll get shouted down but I don't care cos its the lads on the pitch that need my support and that's all that matters to me.

AND, before you all start I do want the board gone but I'm not stopping my support of the team just because I don't agree with the current board.

What has pro or anti board got to do with booing the team. :rolleyes: You will always get idiots who do that.

Through SEO you will be losing alot of fans that are passionate and supportive of the lads on the pitch.

3000 apathetic fans should make for a great atmosphere

My point being that quite possibly(not fact) that the same ones who do nothing but moan on here are quite possibly the same ones that moan inside vale park too. Not fact, just quite possible.

RE: 3000 fans = poor atmosphere.

Well that comment says it all. Well god forbid but if vale fall down the leagues and play in front of gates of 100 I'll be one of the 100 still there SUPPORTING the lads. The same cannot be said about you then I take it?

It's be hoped he does a better job that he did at his belovered club Sheff; Utd, and the second time he went to Brighton.

Sheff Utd were outside the relegation places with half a season to go and

Adams got them relegated....was it just two wins in 26 games..........and Brighton had just narrowly missed out on the play offs with an exciting young team that they had built and would have been looking at a tilt for the Championship...Adams breaks up the side and signs expensive former players and journeymen only to nearly get them relegated to League 2.

Adams is experienced having overseen a couple of relegations and without a good start going off the second half of last season it could be a relegation struggle....Adams is perhaps not the man for a relegation struggle.

Thinking about Adams promotions was it not the Martin O'Neil cup finals mid-table premiership Leicester side that got themselves relegated after O'Neil's shock departure....they got themselves straight back up at the first time of asking being to good for the Championship and with a transfer embargo

Adams could do nothing to muck that up....the two promotions from the

fourth division were Fulham and Brighton who were very big clubs with money.

Sheff Utd were outside the relegation places with half a season to go and

Adams got them relegated....was it just two wins in 26 games..........and Brighton had just narrowly missed out on the play offs with an exciting young team that they had built and would have been looking at a tilt for the Championship...Adams breaks up the side and signs expensive former players and journeymen only to nearly get them relegated to League 2.

Adams is experienced having overseen a couple of relegations and without a good start going off the second half of last season it could be a relegation struggle....Adams is perhaps not the man for a relegation struggle.

Thinking about Adams promotions was it not the Martin O'Neil cup finals mid-table premiership Leicester side that got themselves relegated after O'Neil's shock departure....they got themselves straight back up at the first time of asking being to good for the Championship and with a transfer embargo

Adams could do nothing to muck that up....the two promotions from the

fourth division were Fulham and Brighton who were very big clubs with money.

Much depends on the 'glass half full or half empty' thing here....if I play devil's advocate and take your last bit first, Fulham and Brighton were very big clubs with money etc.. then doesn't that make MA's efforts in getting Vale to the top of L2 last December even more of an acheievement, as Vale had no money and sadly I have to agree are not a 'very big club'

Also, when you say 'Adams could do nothing to muck that up' - then sometimes doing nothing (or very little) is a masterstroke, if only Jim Gannon had done that in Jan/Feb this year.

Adams has the ability and drive to lift Vale, and wherever we finish I am convinced that short of Mourinho or Guus Hiddinck there isn't really a better manager for Port Vale right now, given that he knows the players so well and they clearly want him back - as shown by G Owen and others.

Roberts and any new signings will decide whether we finish 6th/7th or about half way, if I am wrong and we get auto promotion then great, but I can't see Micky not getting us in the mix for playoffs at least.

Archived