onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Premier League B teams to enter JPT

Seen it mentioned a few times over the internet but nothing official.

A tweet today from AFC Wimbledons supporters trust says that the football league have agreed to let premier league b teams enter the JPT.

So we could end up facing Man Utd or Arsenal youth sides who are unlikely to be allowed to play at their first teams ground.

Wimbledon were the only League 2 side to vote against it.

Surely not?

Advert

That's rubbish if that's the case - but then again the PL do have the "incentive" of not increasing or reducing the solidarity payments (I think Vale get £300,000 per year from the PL/Sky) if the FL don't agree with them.

That'll be me done with the competition. I'd hope that we, as a club, would respond to this by playing our own youth team instead of lowering ourselves to the acceptance that we're only worthy of playing against a team of foreign 17 year olds.

I'd hope that we, as a club, would respond to this by playing our own youth team instead of lowering ourselves to the acceptance that we're only worthy of playing against a team of foreign 17 year olds.

:clap:

That'll be me done with the competition. I'd hope that we, as a club, would respond to this by playing our own youth team instead of lowering ourselves to the acceptance that we're only worthy of playing against a team of foreign 17 year olds.

We'd probably get fined the way the numpties at the FA run the game!

Does any-one really care about the JPT. All league clubs play fringe players in it anyway.

The JPT is a pretty redundant and poorly supported competition. Why not liven it up with age restricted B teams from the PL.

It'd benefit some young English players and give lower league clubs a chance to scout some young players in opposition against 'men's teams'.

Personally, I like the fact that I saw Paul Scholes make his full debut for a Man U B team against the Vale in the League cup in the early 1990s.

Or, how about PL under 21's against FL under 24's for example.

Thin end of the wedge, JPT first then FL and the death of many a club.

Absolute NO to this - fans from all the clubs in L1 and L2 need to get together and BOYCOTT EVERY GAME where a B team are drawn in the match the first season it happens.

Id rather have it played starting in January after most teams have exited the FA and League Cups and there would still be something to play for, but it is a sad thing that the one thing VALE have won (twice) is about to be ****ed up beyond recognition.

I am really angry a this stupid proposal and cannot belive why teams have voted for it, if the Daily Mail is to be believed (probably got it wrong, they usually do).:mad::mad::mad:

Does any-one really care about the JPT. All league clubs play fringe players in it anyway.

The JPT is a pretty redundant and poorly supported competition. Why not liven it up with age restricted B teams from the PL.

It'd benefit some young English players and give lower league clubs a chance to scout some young players in opposition against 'men's teams'.

Personally, I like the fact that I saw Paul Scholes make his full debut for a Man U B team against the Vale in the League cup in the early 1990s.

Or, how about PL under 21's against FL under 24's for example.

I don't agree. If the PL clubs need to develop their youth players then they can do so by buying less expensive foreigners and playing more English kids in their first-team.

I would argue that Scholes, Beckham and the Nevilles didn't get the required experience from the odd league-cup game against Vale. It was because Man Utd invested in and trusted in local(ish) youngsters and brought them through to the first-team.

Archived