onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Robert Lee

DickDale

Advert

Can you say if it's good or bad news for the club Jimmy?

I am reading in to it Nodge at the moment.......Lets say its interesting AND i received it today. Its a strange subject for Mr Dale to post though........Not normally his type of subject. :unsure:

i have recieved this off him this morning

I am very sorry if you feel that we have done anything which would jeopardise the best interests of Port Vale, that was not our intention.

I believe that the Port Vale Board, Management, back room staff & administration team have built up trust in Broxap & myself during the 6 years during which time we have sponsored Port Vale for over £70000.00 in addition to the share purchase of £50000.00.

In a personal capacity I made a formal approach to the Port Vale Board on 27th January offering to purchase £300,000.00 Port Vale new shares subject to the entire Port Vale Board resigning & passing their voting rights to my authority for an interim period to stabilise the Club . Unsurprisingly my offer was not accepted however I do remain on good terms with the individual members of the Board, past & present.

As the Black & Gold campaign continued to gather momentum during early 2011, we at Broxap felt that after 6 years, it was time to sell our £50000.00 shareholding & reinvest the proceeds into our own business.

On May 5th we made our position clear to both Mr. Bratt & Mr. Chaudry that we wished to sell the shares.

At 5:15pm I met with Mr Bratt & gave him first refusal. He advised me in that meeting that he would like to buy the shares, but did not have funds readily available.

At 8:45pm that evening I phoned Mr Chaudry & during the several discussions that followed it became clear to me that Mr Chaudry did not want to actually pay for the shares, but to offer a deal for sponsorship once he had achieved control. This was not acceptable to Broxap.

Finally on the 17th May Mr. Chaudry made a conditional offer of £40000.00 to purchase our £50000.00 shareholding.

Mr. Chaudry wrote to us in his offer letter dated 17th May stating ...."It is evident that the ( Port Vale ) shares have very little value but a significant premium is being paid for the shares due to the unique circumstances".

We felt cheated by Mr. Chaudry's inadequate and unfair offer, we believed our shares to be worth what we paid for them, but in the absence of an offer for the full amount from Mr. Bratt, we accepted.

On 30th May Mr. Bratt contacted us & offered the full £50000.00 for the shares, without conditions & would pay immediately.

The sale was made for £50000.00 & only £50000.00 despite internet rumours.

As you have given your democratic opinion, please allow me to offer my opinion....

Mr. Chaudry has no interest in the success of Port Vale on the field.

Mr. Chaudry would have hived off the property into a separate entity, pension scheme or company, this would have long term negative financial consequences for the independence of the Club.

Mr. Chaudry's campaign has centred around a vexatious propaganda campaign instead of engaging in private & confidential discussions with shareholders.

Just my opinion.

We all make mistakes in business and in life however I think the extent of personal abuse & unjustified enmity levelled at Mr. Bratt from fans has been shameful.

I believe Port Vale fans owe a debt of gratitude towards Mr. Bratt for the level of resolve & dignity which he has demonstrated whilst carrying out his duties since becoming Chairman.

Although I cannot respond further, once again I am very sorry if you feel our actions have upset you or jeopardised the best interests of Port Vale.

Thank you.

Kind regards,

Robert Lee

Chief Executive

Broxap Ltd.

Rowhurst Industrial Estate

Chesterton

Newcastle-under-Lyme

Staffordshire

ST5 6BD

( DDI: 01782 564411

( Mob:

2 Fax: 0871 236 0678

On 30th May Mr. Bratt contacted us & offered the full £50000.00 for the shares, without conditions & would pay 'immediately'. Quote CBarberpvfc87

What date was the EGM.......:unsure:

BLOCK e-mail.

On 30th May Mr. Bratt contacted us & offered the full £50000.00 for the shares, without conditions & would pay 'immediately'.

What date was the EGM.......:unsure:

sale ? and he admitted that in writing.......oh dear

Finally on the 17th May Mr. Chaudry made a conditional offer of £40000.00 to purchase our £50000.00 shareholding.

Mr. Chaudry wrote to us in his offer letter dated 17th May stating ...."It is evident that the ( Port Vale ) shares have very little value but a significant premium is being paid for the shares due to the unique circumstances".

We felt cheated by Mr. Chaudry's inadequate and unfair offer, we believed our shares to be worth what we paid for them, but in the absence of an offer for the full amount from Mr. Bratt, we accepted.

that was the bit that stuck out to me

Gutted.

Didn't realise this beforehand. If Mo had been slightly more willing the result of the EGM would have been a foregone conclusion.

Fair play to Rob Lee for speaking so frankly in his letter.

Archived