onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Robert Lee

DickDale

Advert

Seems like Rob Lee trying to justify his actions after he was surprised by any criticism.

He was accepting £40k ( even though he didn't trust Mo ) then changed his mind to accept £50k from Bratt on the 30th May. Then waited two days before informing Mo that his offer was rejected at 9:30 on 1st June ?

Still Rob at least you got your full quota of silver.

Seems like Rob Lee trying to justify his actions after he was surprised by any criticism.

He was accepting £40k ( even though he didn't trust Mo ) then changed his mind to accept £50k from Bratt on the 30th May. Then waited two days before informing Mo that his offer was rejected at 9:30 on 1st June ?

Still Rob at least you got your full quota of silver.

yes Bratt will have definitely told Lee to not inform Mo of his switching of sides until Mo could not do anything about it.

I'm sorry but if that letter is true then the real culprit in this is Mo going against his word in the press of offering £5 per share to anyone except board members.

Trying to do it on the cheap he stitched everyone up and threw all the hard work that NLV did away in one fell swoop

Be interesting to hear his take on things but it doesn't look good for Mo how I see things.

Things could have been so different if he'd have stuck to his word but lets wait and see what LB has to say

TIMOTHIUS.A few of us posed the questions straight after the EGM that are getting asked now.If cash changed hands on the 30th an agreement could have been made to transfer the shares at a later date but if as has been stated by Rob Lee it was done immediately that seems that the transaction took place on 30th of May which contravenes the 27th April cut off date for share transactions.The **** could soon be hitting the fan.

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

A MAJOR shareholder is ready to back the removal of the Port Vale board if would-be owner Mo Chaudry agrees to buy his £50,000 stake in the club.

Robert Lee, the chief executive of Vale sponsor Broxap, is seeking the return of his company's six-year investment in the club, and is prepared to effectively side with the Newcastle businessman at next month's Extraordinary General Meeting to get his money.

.He has sent an e-mail to Vale chairman Bill Bratt outlining his plans to sell the 10,000 shares the Newcastle firm bought in 2006.

Lee, pictured below, claims Chaudry has "verbally" agreed to buy Broxap's shares if he is able to complete his £1.21m bid to take a controlling interest in the club. He expects to receive a "legally binding and signed agreement" from Chaudry confirming the arrangement by Sunday.

Vale's five directors will be voted off the board if they fail to win support from at least 50 per cent of the shareholders who vote at the June 1 meeting, so Broxap's backing could prove pivotal to the outcome.

If the board are removed, they will be replaced by a three-man interim body who will pave the way for Chaudry to take a 51 per cent controlling stake in the club.

In his e-mail to Bratt, Lee said: "We have no issues or preferences of control with either party.

"Neither have we a desire to explore further financial investment. On the contrary, we would like to see a return of our investment.

"Mr Chaudry has given me a verbal undertaking, which will be supported by a legally-binding signed agreement before Sunday, confirming that our investment will be returned to Broxap within four working days of him taking control of Port Vale.

"Should Mr Chaudry decide to withdraw, then the undertaking cannot be executed."

In an email to The Sentinel Lee confirmed he would only use Broxap's shares to vote against the board "if Mo Chaudry actually agrees to purchase the shares".

Lee claimed Bratt did not have sufficient funds to buy the shares himself, but added: "In the event the board survives, Broxap will retain the shares and continue to sponsor Port Vale next season".

Chaudry refused to reveal details of his talks with Lee, but said: "I have a verbal agreement with Broxap, although that's subject to legal finalisation.

"I've always said I will consider buying shares on an ad hoc basis when people approach me.

"It's up to Broxap to how they vote at the EGM, but I hope they will vote for change."

Bratt claimed the issue was money, not whether Lee and Broxap was backing Chaudry over the board.

He said: "The content of his e-mail is self-explanatory in that if Mr Chaudry promises to give Mr Lee his money back then he will vote for him and against the board.

"I like Robert Lee and I get on with him, although I'll be disappointed if that's what he's going to do. But it's his money and Mr Lee is his own man.

"I think he wants his money back, I don't think he's against the board or for Mr Chaudry."

Well Rob Lee you have now proved what an utter Judas scumbag you are after all and a lowlife of the highest order......You have received your 30 pieces of silver and now you are trying to get some credit sneakilly sending a block e-mail to try and discredit Mo more.......What has BB promised you a place on the Board.

TIMOTHIUS.A few of us posed the questions straight after the EGM that are getting asked now.If cash changed hands on the 30th an agreement could have been made to transfer the shares at a later date but if as has been stated by Rob Lee it was done immediately that seems that the transaction took place on 30th of May which contravenes the 27th April cut off date for share transactions.The **** could soon be hitting the fan.

I hate to say it but Robert Lee's done nothing wrong here apart from morally.

He had every right to change his mind on the day of the EGM and vote which way he wanted to vote as long as he was their to vote, which he was, he had every right to vote how ever he see's fit.

In regards to the transfer of shares, true, the club can not transfer shares until its fully funstional again but Robert Lee voted with his own shares at the EGM

To553r

I heard a similar story a week or so ago where Lee is alleged to have told people he was sick of the stick he was getting including death threats and that Mo had Allegedly only offered thirty grand and he was offered sixty three grand by Bratt and co!

I look forward to hearing Mo's response to this, if he did only offer forty grand then he's lost it for a paltry ten grand and deserves what he got but personally I think this is Lee trying to justify himself after the severe stick he has endured!

May5 - Bratt wanted to buy the shares but could not afford them

May 30 - Bratt buys the 50k of shares in full.

Where did this money suddenly appear from? I guess Mark Simms due diligence will reveal this?

Who cares where the money came from! If choudry's got so much what's 10k? I mean what do all the choudry lovers make of rob lee's comments? It appears to me that he has shown his hand here & is only in it for his own interests & not primarely vales?

I wait to get shot down but I'm not saying I'm a fan of the current board here but unlike some I am not prepared to stoop to abusing them.

The question is : Is Mo the right man for vale & I'd say there are as many who think not as there are for him!

Who cares where the money came from! If choudry's got so much what's 10k? I mean what do all the choudry lovers make of rob lee's comments? It appears to me that he has shown his hand here & is only in it for his own interests & not primarely vales?

I wait to get shot down but I'm not saying I'm a fan of the current board here but unlike some I am not prepared to stoop to abusing them.

The question is : Is Mo the right man for vale & I'd say there are as many who think not as there are for him!

To many ifs and buts.......If Mo has lost the vote for the sake of 10k he wants his ass kicking..........Lets wait and see what he says. Remember its Lee who is on the defensive.

Archived