onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

non-vale posts

Bea Smith

I love reading OVF, and it is an outstanding football site that is invaluable to Vale fans and also other clubs supporters who may be playing us, or connected to the club via a transfer or former player and want information.

Increasingly though, the number of threads and posts related to non-Vale items is swamping the forum, and although it is easy to say ignore them or don't read them, they hog the 'latest' list and push Vale items off the list so they have to be sought after.

This is mainly due to a very small number of posters, who one feels may not really be classed as Vale fans. In order to avoid another 28 slanging match posts I wont name anybody, but I have just spent a couple of quick minutes checking one prolific know-all, whose last 100 posts have contained just TWO that were Vale related.

One of the two was just having a go at someone who made an unimportant error on a score (that we won 2-0, not 2-1 at Crawley). Then there are the political posts, sometimes these are a bit more interesting, but again they push the Vale stuff off the radar and out of sight.

We also have another poster who clearly supports a Premiership club much more than Vale and spews forth endless drivel and actually enjoys being baited about them as it gives him licence to write another tortuous long post about their players, ex-players, fans, pets, relatives and abloutions.

OK, people can post what they like, but is there any chance of splitting the forum list in two, so we have a Vale related threads latest list, and another list for the err,, 'gentlemen' who wish to write endlessly on 'other subjects' - it doesn't seem to matter what the subjects are, they just enjoy the argument. Yes, it is something I have been drawn into too at times if I am honest.

However, this is a Port Vale site and however fascinating it is to discuss the moral rights of tasering or whether UKIP will make Fish and Chips compulsory, and there is a place for such discussions, the Vale stuff should get priority every time and push the mundane stuff off the list into a little world of its own list which will suit the 'not very Vale related' posters.

Advert

I love reading OVF, and it is an outstanding football site that is invaluable to Vale fans and also other clubs supporters who may be playing us, or connected to the club via a transfer or former player and want information.

Increasingly though, the number of threads and posts related to non-Vale items is swamping the forum, and although it is easy to say ignore them or don't read them, they hog the 'latest' list and push Vale items off the list so they have to be sought after.

This is mainly due to a very small number of posters, who one feels may not really be classed as Vale fans. In order to avoid another 28 slanging match posts I wont name anybody, but I have just spent a couple of quick minutes checking one prolific know-all, whose last 100 posts have contained just TWO that were Vale related.

One of the two was just having a go at someone who made an unimportant error on a score (that we won 2-0, not 2-1 at Crawley). Then there are the political posts, sometimes these are a bit more interesting, but again they push the Vale stuff off the radar and out of sight.

We also have another poster who clearly supports a Premiership club much more than Vale and spews forth endless drivel and actually enjoys being baited about them as it gives him licence to write another tortuous long post about their players, ex-players, fans, pets, relatives and abloutions.

OK, people can post what they like, but is there any chance of splitting the forum list in two, so we have a Vale related threads latest list, and another list for the err,, 'gentlemen' who wish to write endlessly on 'other subjects' - it doesn't seem to matter what the subjects are, they just enjoy the argument. Yes, it is something I have been drawn into too at times if I am honest.

However, this is a Port Vale site and however fascinating it is to discuss the moral rights of tasering or whether UKIP will make Fish and Chips compulsory, and there is a place for such discussions, the Vale stuff should get priority every time and push the mundane stuff off the list into a little world of its own list which will suit the 'not very Vale related' posters.

You'd better see what Rob thinks about your proposal?

For someone so negative about non vale related posts, you don't half post on them a lot.

i think some posters are just being topical and airing their views on the daily dross that surrounds us.

Many of the Vale threads are short lived and rarely get more than 200 replies unless it's something controversial,some of the political threads get debated far more and one particular subject has got over 1300 replies on two threads.

It's a matter of choice.

Is this a non vale related thread?

Wow, someone got out of bed the wrong side - Christmas cheer to you too.

It's not negative when you propose a solution to a problem, something you might like to note for your own posts.

Yes, it is in off-topic and it is actually Vale related too, as it speaks about being able to access Vale posts.

I do happen to post rather more than the 2 per cent Vale posts that one poster did in his last 100 too.

Now collect your toys up, back in the pram and ask Daddy to push you away somewhere, don't go too near any cliffs though will you?

Wow, someone got out of bed the wrong side - Christmas cheer to you too.

It's not negative when you propose a solution to a problem, something you might like to note for your own posts.

Yes, it is in off-topic and it is actually Vale related too, as it speaks about being able to access Vale posts.

I do happen to post rather more than the 2 per cent Vale posts that one poster did in his last 100 too.

Now collect your toys up, back in the pram and ask Daddy to push you away somewhere, don't go too near any cliffs though will you?

Brilliant! I post a joke, and you tell me that i got out of the bed on the wrong side and then post all of that!

Brilliant! I post a joke, and you tell me that i got out of the bed on the wrong side and then post all of that!

Your first post on this thread was not a joke, it was an unprovoked personal attack on someone who has never said a word against you previously. Don't act surprised if you get a mouthful back.

I made a proposal - you may not agree with it, if not say why by all means. Instead, you waded in with saying I am 'someone so negative' then claim it was a joke - sorry, my little friend it didn't come across that way at all. Remember that advice of attack the post, not the poster?

your quote - you don't half post on them a lot. me; 1410 posts you: 7500 +

Quick reply to this message Reply Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

I'd like to see a near 7,000 at Vale Park on Boxing Day, and perhaps a 2-1 win for the Vale. :shifty::ovf::whiteflag:

No really, I've been guilty of too many non-Vale posts myself, not all of them nice, so apologies to both Andyregs and Bea, and a Merry Christmas both of you. Port Vale forever! :upthevale:

What do you think of Corey brewer to Houston, I think its a great addition :offtopic:

I'd like to see a near 7,000 at Vale Park on Boxing Day, and perhaps a 2-1 win for the Vale. :shifty::ovf::whiteflag:

No really, I've been guilty of too many non-Vale posts myself, not all of them nice, so apologies to both Andyregs and Bea, and a Merry Christmas both of you. Port Vale forever! :upthevale:

Sheffield United are predicting up to 3,000 travelling fans so we should easily make a 7,000 crowd maybe over 8,000 or even 9,000. I'd settle for a point myself, three would be fantastic as a Christmas extra.

Christmas greetings to you and all other Port Vale fans too and everyone at the club, and wishes for a happy and above all a healthy New Year.

Archived