onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Now That Mr Motivators "Bid" Has Failed…

banbell

Advert

Personally speaking he failed to win me over on 2 points.

Firstly, he never came across very well on the radio when pressured on the investment. I recall £5m as a starting figure and a few months later it was £600k each off him and his mate..., talk of visions and dreames etc etc is all well and good, we can all do that, but its the meat in the sandwich so to speak which is the important bit.

Secondly, people who i rate as good judges have said "no" to him.. and people who's vocab is mainly revolving around 4 letter words were backing him..

Is it not possible to be anti board and Mo cautious? I can understand that but believing the board are a success and wanting them to remain is IMO nuts

Secondly, people who i rate as good judges have said "no" to him.. and people who's vocab is mainly revolving around 4 letter words were backing him..

Following your school of thought....

The ones in the exclusive group that are pro board are :- wayneamyloo, rod, billy, vale9t9, Princey....

Say no more fella ;):shutup:

Personally speaking he failed to win me over on 2 points.

Firstly, he never came across very well on the radio when pressured on the investment. I recall £5m as a starting figure and a few months later it was £600k each off him and his mate..., talk of visions and dreames etc etc is all well and good, we can all do that, but its the meat in the sandwich so to speak which is the important bit.

It's not just about Mo Chaudry. If you had as much judgment as you seem to think you have, you'd be questioning why the "people who you rate as good judges" didn't have ANY longer term plans for the club you support than a hand to mouth existence waiting for the next postal order to arrive....there was a time, not that long ago, when I would have agreed with you, but there have been so many lies, so much scaremongering for no reason than to keep control, that you really should start questioning why.....for example, why would investment of 24.9% from Mark Sims or Mo Chaudry risk the recall of the Council loan but the same amount from AGS wouldn't?

Sorry - that really doesn't make any sense.....

Similarly, why isn't it plain as plain can be that the only reason the current three are still there is because they have played the system - and are acting within "the rules" but totally against the spirit of a fan-owned club?

I don't expect you to answer either of those points rationally - I'm just getting very fed up with people trying to justify the unfair....because, in the end, we will not have the club we all thought we had - the level of anger and frustration means that so many will walk away, and we can't afford that.

Banbell

Do you really think this is over.

Its far from over

It will never be over until Bratt & Co are out of Vale Park. The majority of shareholders who voted the no-confidence and fans like me will make sure it happens.

That drives me on day after

Banbell

Do you really think this is over.

Its far from over

Mr Motivators Bid? Yes it is over.

btw Why has he not got the good grace to at least make a statement regarding Vale via his website - nothing for 2 weeks on his "Latest News" section, he was updating it and tweeting daily on the Vale position prior to that.

btw Why has he not got the good grace to at least make a statement regarding Vale via his website - nothing for 2 weeks on his "Latest News" section, he was updating it and tweeting daily on the Vale position prior to that.

Getting worried? I would be if I were you!;)

You need to look a bit harder.

Off topic i know, but relevant none the less....

I thoroughly enjoyed seeing Notts Forest well and truly beaten in the play-offs. Fantastic.

Back on topic.

What motivational skills do you believe "Bill We've taken this club as far as we can Bratt " possesses ?

Have you ever thought that he is keeping his next move under wraps until he is ready to play his trump card?:unsure:

===

Just interested to know where people think he went wrong, or was his bid doomed from the start?

Initially played a cracking hand in riding into Vale Park on the back of a wave of apathy towards the current board and then won all PR battles hands down prior to the crucial 2 weeks approaching the EGM when the wheels totally fell off his cart and the self-proclaimed Business Entrepreneur was out-witted and eventually out-fought by Bill Bratt and Co.

Here are some of the reasons I believe are to blame for the failed bid:

Failed to convince the majority of the fan base, e.g. THE people at the heart of the club, that he could be trusted. The meeting on the Saturday prior to the EGM was his chance to lay out a solid business plan for Vale and he failed, often swerving key questions, despite the attendees being 99% anti-board

Appeared to back-track on a pledge to immediately pay all the clubs debts off by feigning surprise at the council's terms of repayment then bizarrely claiming this clause had only just come to light to him and his advisors

Threatenined to pull out of the deal after the point above became public

Publicised the fact that he'd says he has formally agreed to buy Broxaps £50000 stake in the club when he'd done no such thing

Allowing the Broxap shares to subsequently be purchased by the board

Seriously underestimated both the Business and Tactical Astuteness of Bill Bratt and Co

Allowing a/the "Legal Beagle" to be his PR mouthpiece – enough said

Please feel free to add/discuss ======

I would consider discussing the relevant points, outlined in the above text, but I am at a total loss as to what you are saying. Try writting things down that make sense to those of us who left school with qualifications.

Archived