onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Let's do a Bring A Friend Day

mr.hobblesworth

It seems pretty much agreed that Norman Smurthwaite has really been pulling out all the stops, regarding paying for new players and whatnot and I really think we need to reciprocate by backing him. Would it be worth doing a Bring A Friend Day? One game where everyone does their utmost to nag, badger and cajole a friend, relative or even a Stoke fan to come to Vale Park. I'm not talking about reduced prices either, just a 'normal' game. It doesn't even have to be organised officially by the club, this site would do. The Chairman's done his bit, now let's do ours...

Advert

Maybe not this Saturday as it might take people a bit longer to get organised and threaten their loved ones. Might be best to do it on a Saturday when Stoke aren't playing?

Just looked at the fixtures and Barnsley might be a good one. Only Saturday home game in 5 weeks. (Blimey, we've only got one weekend home game after Saturday until the middle October). Stoke are at QPR at 12:45 (televised) so don't know if that'd impact much?

It seems pretty much agreed that Norman Smurthwaite has really been pulling out all the stops, regarding paying for new players and whatnot and I really think we need to reciprocate by backing him. Would it be worth doing a Bring A Friend Day? One game where everyone does their utmost to nag, badger and cajole a friend, relative or even a Stoke fan to come to Vale Park. I'm not talking about reduced prices either, just a 'normal' game. It doesn't even have to be organised officially by the club, this site would do. The Chairman's done his bit, now let's do ours...

Every season ticket or full paying adult followed up with a friend for a tenner would be a great initiative. You'd need cash turnstyles to make it work though.

Nah, I don't think it should be discounted.

Firstly, it might mean that we actually take less money through the gates as people who were going to attend anyway might take advantage of the special discount.

Also, I don't think it's too much to ask that for one game a year people try and grab a few people who are prepared to pay 20 quid to come to watch the Vale. We shouldn't always have to be spoonfed initiatives. If the club want to sort an official thing then fine but I thought this could be something the fans initiated. Anyway, judging by the relatively low interest in this thread, I doubt it's a goer. Maybe it's something that the supporters club should look at doing? I'll try and encourage people to come down with me more often but it would be nice to have a day when everybody was encouraged to do the same.

Archived