onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

PVFC Social Media Followers

Tone

Glad to see that at least some folks understand the importance if using every means of communication that is effective today.

I do remember the day when I relied on a poster on the wall outside Vale Park "OUR NEXT GAME IS....".

The world has changed and whilst OVF is still very relevant (Barry) things change. If you had not addressed the world of the internet, you would still be waiting weeks for a copy of the Sentinel to arrive on the slow boat to Perth. ;-)

Advert

Talking of brand guidelines, master stroke changing the badge, I haven't bought any branded merchandise since as I prefer the old badge. Expensive way to discourage customers. Hopefully the sales of merchandise with the new badge have more than paid for the expense of the whole rebranding exercise but rebranding can be very expensive.

Well the other thing with marketing and branding is the importance of assessing and reporting back on your work.

You're one dissatisfied fan. But if it's only you and (say) twenty-odd others who's not bought anything but overall merchandise figures have increased because (for example) 5,000-odd other fans (compared to 4,000 the previous season, and this is only an example) have bought things with the new crest then it was indeed a masterstroke as the club's sales figures are increasing. That (of course) will need to be compared against the cost of re-branding the badge as well.

It's not individuals but the overall figures that count.

This is one of the key thing with all digital campaigns - you have to be able to measure the results of your work otherwise you're going to have no idea of whether something was the right thing to do or not.

Glad to see that at least some folks understand the importance if using every means of communication that is effective today.

I do remember the day when I relied on a poster on the wall outside Vale Park "OUR NEXT GAME IS....".

The world has changed and whilst OVF is still very relevant (Barry) things change. If you had not addressed the world of the internet, you would still be waiting weeks for a copy of the Sentinel to arrive on the slow boat to Perth. ;-)

Tone, I acknowledge the value of a wide ranging social media but at this point in my life I can successfully communicate with and receive communications from a range of businesses, organisations and others without the need to use Facebook or Twitter.

By way of example: I've just switched my superannuation pension to another funds manager and in doing so was asked to indicate the options for informing me of all account activity. I chose online self management, email, mobile and landline with AGM material via snail mail. Facebook and Twitter remained unchecked.

So, if I'm given a choice for communicating which includes Facebook and Twitter then I will choose those options best suited to my personal needs.

Having said that, and as contrary as it may seem for me, I'm seriously considering returning to university to study social media :yes:

For now thought - no Facebook or Twitter :D

The Football League have published the latest figures for followers of clubs on Twitter and Facebook.

Ours look pretty pitiful...

http://www.football-league.co.uk/page/twitter/0,,10794,00.html

Perhaps Vale fans are more astute than those from other clubs and just don't do Twitter or Facebook. I know I don't as I'd rather sell my soul to the Devil.

Archived