onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Feeder club and parent club :). is it a good idea or not?

Supervalefan1

I think we could have a parent club which could be a midlands prem/championship team like west brom or aston villa or stoke or Birmingham city or derby county to loan reserves players to us to help and develop them for first team experience. We would be able to play them in a friendly which we already will be doing with west brom so west brom might a possible parent club to loan their reserves to us for first team experience.

I also think we could have a feeder club as well because I think it would be a good idea for the vale reserves to go out on loan to a club who will give them experience which they will need. maybe southport might be a suitable option with us having a friendly with them in july and a former vale player and manager managing them so..

Advert

Do you just play football manager and post things on here?

I do play football manager 14 but I think it might be a good idea though for vale though because of vale having a small reduced playing budget. swindon had 3 players on loan from spurs last season and some of them seemed of made a impact in the team. especially... Alex Prichard with his freekick goals and pace.

But they werent a parent club, it was a loan.

I know but it is my personally opinion on Parent club and Feeder Club would be a good idea for vale :). maybe we could have some players on loan again from the prem league reserves and maybe if it goes well we could ask them if they would be our parent club so they can loan some of their reserves to us.

I don't want Port Vale to become a feeder club nor do I want us to own feeder clubs.

In recent years, we always had a good relationship with Nantwich (until Perry did his best to ruin it) which was to lend them young players in part-payment for using their 3G pitches. I'd rather have that sort of close but not controlling relationship rather than actually have a "feeder" club that has no identity of its own and is forced to play our players when it benefits us. The same argument applies for Vale becoming a feeder club.

No thanks!

maybe if it goes well we could ask them if they would be our parent club so they can loan some of their reserves to us.

You'd be prepared to forsake 138 years of history as an independent football club so we can borrow a few promising youngsters?

Really?

If we can get some good players in on loan Id be happy. Doesn't really matter how we do it

But I think there's a world of difference between a close relationship (as Swindon and Spurs have and Crewe/Liverpool in the past) and being a "feeder" club.

Strike up links with PL clubs - fine - sell the club's soul and become a feeder club - no thanks!

So, to me, it does "matter how we do it" - it matters very much!

But I think there's a world of difference between a close relationship (as Swindon and Spurs have and Crewe/Liverpool in the past) and being a "feeder" club.

Strike up links with PL clubs - fine - sell the club's soul and become a feeder club - no thanks!

So, to me, it does "matter how we do it" - it matters very much!

If we get a parent club or either a feeder club I will be happy either way. but it would be nice to have a parent club to let some of their reserves to come on loan to us and have first team experience :).

Well we took Jack Grimmer on loan from Fulham last season. He is rated highly rated at fulham I think so anyway...

I think you're missing the point. I'm sure every Vale fan doesn't mind/wants us to take promising young players on loan from other teams - that's not the issue.

The issue is as a 'feeder' club we'd would HAVE to play players even if the manager didn't want them. Basically, we'd be supporting the reserve/youth team of a premier league team - not an independent professional football club.

So it's a 'Jesus Christ no' from me. I do hope we get some loanees in throughout the season, however.

I think you're missing the point. I'm sure every Vale fan doesn't mind/wants us to take promising young players on loan from other teams - that's not the issue.

The issue is as a 'feeder' club we'd would HAVE to play players even if the manager didn't want them. Basically, we'd be supporting the reserve/youth team of a premier league team - not an independent professional football club.

So it's a 'Jesus Christ no' from me. I do hope we get some loanees in throughout the season, however.

Fair enough :). I Understand the point now :). and yeah we could get some loans on loan from prem sides. maybe we could just have a parent club instead then :).

Well we took Jack Grimmer on loan from Fulham last season. He is rated highly rated at fulham I think so anyway...

Erm, that's a loan deal. Loan deals have been happening in football for 30-odd years. Good ones and bad ones.

How does a successful loan deal justify us becoming a "feeder club" or do you not actually understand what being a "feeder club" would mean?

Archived