onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

League 1 next season

j_grainger10

Advert

Last time we played Millwall at home in 2007 they brought about 3-400....

I remember going to Millwall in January back in 1996,

They had just signed 2 Russian internationals from Spartak Moscow....Sergei Yuran & Vassili Kulkov.

Kick off was delayed due to massive interest from Millwall fans wanting to see their new players,

We even had some Millwall fans sat in the away end :(

No trouble in the ground (A crowd of 14,501)

But goals from M Foyle and T Naylor spoint the home fans day 2-1 to Vale, and we needed a police escourt after the game back to the station.

I would be quite happy if Millwall & Charlton came down, the two closets and easiest grounds for me to get to.

A couple of Millwall fans who I have a drink with have already said that if they come down, they quite fancy sampling a day out in Burslem. I will be acting as their official translator.

I remember going to Millwall in January back in 1996,

They had just signed 2 Russian internationals from Spartak Moscow....Sergei Yuran & Vassili Kulkov.

Kick off was delayed due to massive interest from Millwall fans wanting to see their new players,

We even had some Millwall fans sat in the away end :(

No trouble in the ground (A crowd of 14,501)

But goals from M Foyle and T Naylor spoint the home fans day 2-1 to Vale, and we needed a police escourt after the game back to the station.

...and the Ref (Uriah Rennie) sent their captain off (Alex Rae).

Not the most popular decision anyone's ever made.

Our away form has cost us getting in the playoffs this season .We've got 33 points from home, compared to 17 points away..

Also theirs only Rotherham and Walsall we've only managed to beat currently in the top 9.

And 11 of Vales 17 defeats are again against the teams above us in the league..

To summarise, we have beaten the teams we are better than and lost to the teams that are better than us, and we've been stronger with home advantage. Has Alen Hansen got a replacement yet? ;)

IMO will be weaker than this.

Dropping in: Barnsley, Millwall, Yeovil or Charlton

Coming up: Rochdale, Scunthorphe Chesterfield and another

Promoted up: Wolves, Brentford, Preston, Rotherham??

Relegated: 4 from Notts County, Stevenage, Shrews, Oldham, Crewe, Tranmere.

No one next season will have the buying power of Wolves and I expect a lot of teams like ourselves will be cutting their budgets.

Keep Adams and keep the core players, Neal, Loft, Lines etc and we will be ok!!

I put virtually the same post on the "relegation" thread the usual OTT posters were panicking on.

Archived