onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Tues 18th February 2014, Bradford City v Port Vale, Pre Match, Match itself.

Fosse69

Afternoon chaps,

Contrary to our attendances, we only add ST holders into the official attendances (10,500 ST holders), but our flexi card holders aren't (circa 2,700).

Our attendances have been bang on for two seasons now - and the attendance on Tues will probably be our lowest of the season. Around 11,500ish.

Our form has been terrible - the lack of fight shown by the players is the most worrying - and the fact Parkinson doesn't appear to have a plan B, the fans are running out of patience.

We'll line up like so -

Jon McLaughlan

Stephen Darby - Rory McArdle - Andrew Davies - Mathew Bates

Kyle Bennett - Matty Dolan - Gary Jones - Adam Reach

Aaron McLean - James Hanson

We're long, long due a win. Irrespective of our form, I still fancy us.

1-0 City.

IF the stat of 1 win in 21 games is right,how is Parkinson keeping his job(he got you to a cup final maybe?)

Advert

IF the stat of 1 win in 21 games is right,how is Parkinson keeping his job(he got you to a cup final maybe?)

We're not entirely sure. A lot of the fans still think he's the man for the job. Me personally, without Nahki Wells alongside James Hanson, his route one game simply won't work. He has to change it, but he has showed no signs of approaching games differently.

Afternoon chaps,

Contrary to our attendances, we only add ST holders into the official attendances (10,500 ST holders), but our flexi card holders aren't (circa 2,700).

Our attendances have been bang on for two seasons now - and the attendance on Tues will probably be our lowest of the season. Around 11,500ish.

Our form has been terrible - the lack of fight shown by the players is the most worrying - and the fact Parkinson doesn't appear to have a plan B, the fans are running out of patience.

We'll line up like so -

Jon McLaughlan

Stephen Darby - Rory McArdle - Andrew Davies - Mathew Bates

Kyle Bennett - Matty Dolan - Gary Jones - Adam Reach

Aaron McLean - James Hanson

We're long, long due a win. Irrespective of our form, I still fancy us.

1-0 City.

Hows McLean doing? I thought his signing was a bit of a coup for League 1. Is he too similar to Hanson or are they gelling? The Wells/Hanson axis was more a traditional big man/small man partnership wasn't it?

Personally i'd match them and go 4-4-2. Their recent form is awful so id be disappointed if we didn't at least get a point.

My team would be:

Neal

Yates Grimmer Davis Dickinson

JMW Lines Griff Loft

Pope (if fit) & Hugill.

Just Myrie Williams in for Jones for me as although he got some decent crosses in against Colchester, the game just passed him by yesterday. JMW will have a point to prove and if they were to play Bates left back which isn't his natural position, we could have some joy there. Hope Pope is fit but if not, Williamson should come in. All in all however, the key in this game in my opinion will be if Grimmer and Davis can handle Hanson in the air. If so I feel we can hit them hard on the break, down the flanks and in the box for our two front men to get on the end of.

Prediction - A close one but Vale to snatch it with a 2-1 victory. Pope & JMW.

Not too far from me and I have Wednesday off so I'm going, train to Forster Square then The Sparrow or Bradford Arms.

If we can't beat this shower (2 wins in 22) we've had it.

Getting the train from Manchester Victoria to Bradford Interchange which is only five minutes walk from Forster Square.

It's strange because I grew up with Bradford being a proper bogey team for us - one particular game which sticks with me is the one where Frank Stapleton scored a late winner in that awful checkerboard kit, which ultimately cost us promotion. But now it's been completely reversed. However I've got a feeling that we're due a defeat there this time round.

Archived