onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Sat 8th February 2014, Port Vale v Swindon. Pre Match, Match itself.

Fosse69

Advert

We certainly need to bounce back from our last two games and most importantly tighten up the defence. If Grimmers loan is extended my team would be:

Neal

Grimmer Robertson Davis Dicko

JMW Lines Knott Loft

Hugill Williamson

Basically, its all out attack as we have to get on the front foot early to keep as much pressure off the defence as possible. Yes i'm a Griff fan but Knott has come on today and made an instant impact along with Hugill who has to replace Popey now! When defending, i'd like to see Williamson revert to left midfield to make it a 5 and then counter attack through the our pace on the wings.

Tough game but at home we have been decent this season so i fancy us to win by a narrow margin.

We certainly need to bounce back from our last two games and most importantly tighten up the defence. If Grimmers loan is extended my team would be:

Neal

Grimmer Robertson Davis Dicko

JMW Lines Knott Loft

Hugill Williamson

Basically, its all out attack as we have to get on the front foot early to keep as much pressure off the defence as possible. Yes i'm a Griff fan but Knott has come on today and made an instant impact along with Hugill who has to replace Popey now! When defending, i'd like to see Williamson revert to left midfield to make it a 5 and then counter attack through the our pace on the wings.

Tough game but at home we have been decent this season so i fancy us to win by a narrow margin.

I hope Duffy is fit instead of Davies.

But why are people saying Hugill instead of Pope!

Play them both, Williamson on the bench

If Duffy is fit then yes I would bring him in in place of Davis who has been steady to be fair. However, I do feel Hugill and Williamson are a far better partnership than Hugill and Pope. A rest will do no harm for Popey... Just look what happened last time when he come on to win us the game against Gillingham.

This game shouldn't need any build up .

5-2 that's all ,I expect a afternoon of complete Vale anger and good play at that result .

Time to show character from kick off not when 3-0 down .

So I'd say if I was boss right we r already 5-2 down ,what r u going do about it.

If that doesn't get a positive all action reaction then I give up !

So we win 3-0, and still don't win? :laugh:

you cant play hugill with pope because they are the same type of player as mick cullerton mentioned on praise and grumble last week it would upset the balance of the team. also you cannot play lines and knott together in midfield without griff because you need a " tackler " and lines and knott are not ball winners. so my team for the Swindon match would be......

Neal

Grimmer Rob Davis Dicko

Griff

Lines Knott Loft

Hugill Tomlin

Im not a griff fan but you need something in there to break things up if youre going to play lines and knott together

Archived