onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Lee Blakeman

RayWalkers40yarder

Advert

I've said elsewhere - I think Lee Blakeman and Mick Cullerton work really well as a pairing. I don't think Lee shows any anti-Vale feelings in his commentary at all and I think he's a damn good commentator.

As others have said - we could all be doing a lot worse.

When the Vale online commentary didn't work against Crewe I had to suffer 45 minutes of Graham McGarry's commentary... :whiteflag:

I like Lee and Mick they compliment each other well. Only slight moan would be Lee does give me a heart attack by the panic in his voice whenever the opposition get anywhere near our box, although simple solution is play better.

Isn't that more to do with our defence than his commentary? They certainly panic me... ;)

Is it a known fact then that he is a Stoke fan? My 11 year old picked up that he sounded disappointed when Vale scored to make it 1-1. Every opportunity they had he said could it be 2-1 Plymouth, could it be 3-2 Plymouth, i find his commentary like torture anyway, everytime the opposition gets the ball into the Vale half he makes it sound like they're clear through to score

Didn't he say that he was getting disapproving looks from around his spot in the main stand whenever he got excited about Vale attacks? As the place largely fell silent when Vale equalised, it probably wasn't in his interests to break the silence and start bellowing and leaping around in excitement. I would therefore imagine the muted celebratory tone was more to do with that than being "disappointed" that Vale had scored.

Only thing about the commentary for me is how miserable Cullerton is. Granted the man seems to know more about football up and down the country and the tactics of the team even when bringing on a relatively unknown plaayer than any other man alive.

JMW scored last night and there was no change in his voice or anything. Thank god for Blakeman getting excited about every tackle, shot or even the colour of a teams socks or it would be dull as dishwater to listen to.

Also has Ben Williamson wronged Cullerton or something, the player can do nothing right in his eyes, constantly saying he is just a lower league player.

Blakeman's alright. Inoffensive I think is the word I'd use about him. Doesn't set the world on fire but doesn't annoy the hell out of me either. Imagine if we were Stoke or Crewe fans and had to listen to Nigel ****ing Johnson or Graham ******* McGarry every game. The fact that people like Johnson and McGarry have been at Radio Stoke for so long just shows their level of skill. If they were any good they'd have gone on to bigger and better things years ago.

Blakeman does very well except for misuse of the word momentarily.

He has a lot of enthusiasm and it's 100 times better than Nigel 'Nige' Johnson who has been boring the **** out of people for decades

Agreed. I personally really enjoy listening to him and his commentary. Think him and cullerton are a couple duo with some of the back and forth they have.

Much better than stokes commentators. If I had to listen to them every week I think I'd blow my brains out.

Agreed. I personally really enjoy listening to him and his commentary. Think him and cullerton are a couple duo with some of the back and forth they have.

Much better than stokes commentators. If I had to listen to them every week I think I'd blow my brains out.

I should also say I love Mick to - brutally honest and I trust what he says. Lee and Mick are a very good combination.

Blakeman's alright. Inoffensive I think is the word I'd use about him. Doesn't set the world on fire but doesn't annoy the hell out of me either. Imagine if we were Stoke or Crewe fans and had to listen to Nigel ****ing Johnson or Graham ******* McGarry every game. The fact that people like Johnson and McGarry have been at Radio Stoke for so long just shows their level of skill. If they were any good they'd have gone on to bigger and better things years ago.

To be fair, much as he bores the pants off me, Johnson is not a career journalist. He was a headmaster until he retired a few years ago and the commentary thing was only a sideline. His wife who was a deputy head died a few years back, so it probably keeps him occupied doing something he enjoys(!).

Archived