FA Cup attendances today

Cheltenham Valiant

Advert:

Last nights home attendance of 4658 was pretty good compared to other matches played today in the FA Cup. Only Rotherham (4957) & Plymouth (4706) managed more supporters.

Wait for the shrieks - but, dare I say it... should Vale consider playing some (not all) home games in the League on a Friday night ?

The Burton attendance at the end of last season, albeit put in the context of the importance of the game for promotion and the cheaper cost, surprised a lot of people. Plus I think we had a cup game with Accy on a Friday 2 or 3 se4asons ago that had a fair gate considering the icy weather.

It just might be the Friday nights have some advantages we hadn't thought of - no competition from other footie/Preimier League. or other sports, no shopping alternatives, a lot of people like a Friday night out anyway...... well woth a 4 or 5 match experiment against teams not too far away to cut their travelling support (Tranmere, Oldham,Preston, Sheffield United, Notts County and a few others would qualify).

Tranmere Rovers used to thrive on Friday night games a decade or two ago.

I do have to declare that I would prefer Saturday myself, it is traditional and today has seemed a bit empty without a game, but if it benefits the club, then perhaps.......

There was a group of about 15 Norwegian Liverpool fans who were stopping over in Manchester last night and got the train down to watch the Vale game.

I thought I saw some Norwegians wearing sheepskin nosebands and charging over the fences at Vale park, but somebody told me it was just a Norse race.

Advert:

Archived