onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Micky Adams

cheshirevaliant

Advert

I can only see him wanting out if smurf doesnt find a way of funding the clubs continued progress. I think we'll finish top half this season and if thats the case Adams will next year be expecting to be given the resources to hit the playoffs, if smurf doesnt match Adams ambition then he'll be off.

Some of you make it sound so easy for Adams just to leave at the end of his contract. Well it ain't!

In this present day of absolutely ridiculous comings and goings of Managers, some of whom do a superb job, then surely most individuals actually lose their loaf and think hard and long about what is right for them and their families etc. It could well be so easy for any Manager to move clubs and fall flat on his face in a very short space of time, as we all know from the ridiculous Football World we all love.

Micky has, these past few years with Vale, been through a ton more problems than most Managers experience in a lifetime and he will not take lightly to just moving ship for more money. He knows only too well that the majority of Clubs these days have a lot of baggage and it could well be that he decides that the baggage he had with us and fought through is now paying dividends, not only in results and the Club moving forward, but in personal satisfaction that he is completing the job here that almost ever other Manager could have and would have walked away from.

It is so easy in life just to "try" and get more money for yourself but in Football there is no allegiance or next to none loyalty so Adams being the man that we all know will hopefully understand and realise that at Vale he has helped to bring a Club out of massive doldrums and can visualise the future being rosy, if all pull together. I and many, many more Valiants would like him to stay and continue our progress in the knowledge that at least for the foreseeable future he is wanted and respected here.

There are going to be sceptics and negative views to mine, I know that and some may say I am trying to look through rose tinted glasses. I am a Vale nutter so all I want and ask for is that we do not let the current feel good and flourishing club factor disappear and one almighty way in keeping matters on an even keel is for the Manager to continue his obvious love affair with us and let him have the resources to ensure we are where we want to be in the coming years.:yes:

I can only see him wanting out if smurf doesnt find a way of funding the clubs continued progress. I think we'll finish top half this season and if thats the case Adams will next year be expecting to be given the resources to hit the playoffs, if smurf doesnt match Adams ambition then he'll be off.[/QUOT

Norman has stated in the past the he has the funds to go as far as the next level if he is true to his word

then there shouldnt be a problem.

I can only see him wanting out if smurf doesnt find a way of funding the clubs continued progress. I think we'll finish top half this season and if thats the case Adams will next year be expecting to be given the resources to hit the playoffs, if smurf doesnt match Adams ambition then he'll be off.[/QUOT

Norman has stated in the past the he has the funds to go as far as the next level if he is true to his word

then there shouldnt be a problem.

Who says he won't be given the funds to strengthen the squad in January and push for the play offs this season. We are well placed to have a crack at it and with current form we cant be counted out. This league is not dissimilar to league 2, a couple of new faces in the team who can make a positive contribution could be the difference to us hitting the play offs or not. I know we are not a club of Wolves standard and don't have the players, budget and number of fans, but Vale, Rotherham and Bradford all in the top ten above the likes of Sheffield United, Bristol City etc..!! Anything is possible, we just need to ensure that the second half of this season does not end the same as last and we fade. I admit that I criticised Micky's tactics last season and wanted a change but I'm having to eat humble pie and rightly so. The man sometimes wears his heart on his sleeve and upsets the fans with his comments but which manager doesn't at some point. I Guess he really is passionate about his job which is only a good thing for Vale. Long may it continue.!!!

This league is not dissimilar to league 2, a couple of new faces in the team who can make a positive contribution could be the difference to us hitting the play offs or not.

On the contrary, I think this is a much stronger league than League 2. Rotherham, Bradford and Vale seem to have stepped up by improving their squads. Gills, comfortably the best team in League 2 last year, haven't improved their squad and have been left behind.

Archived