onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Micky Adams

cheshirevaliant

A third of the way through the season, and I think Adams has done an excellent job. I will be the first to say I wasn't overly impressed with him during the second half of last season, when his insistence on letting us get overrun in midfield resulted in us dropping points in games we should have won, but it is hard to think of games where he has got it wrong this season (other than Colchester). His team selections make sense (even those that don't appear to at 2 30 seem to come off), his substitutions are more proactive (Hugill on Saturday being the obvious recent example) and he isn't quite as miserable on the radio as he has been previously. Good work Micky!

Advert

A third of the way through the season, and I think Adams has done an excellent job. I will be the first to say I wasn't overly impressed with him during the second half of last season, when his insistence on letting us get overrun in midfield resulted in us dropping points in games we should have won, but it is hard to think of games where he has got it wrong this season (other than Colchester). His team selections make sense (even those that don't appear to at 2 30 seem to come off), his substitutions are more proactive (Hugill on Saturday being the obvious recent example) and he isn't quite as miserable on the radio as he has been previously. Good work Micky!

I would also agree with that.

Despite Radio Stoke's insistence that his interviews are said with a cheeky grin that doesn't help those who are merely listening to him - so whether deliberate or not, during the end of the last season his interviews always sounded a bit passive-aggressive. I must say that in recent weeks, he seems to be much more upbeat and I thought the post-match Shrewsbury interview was excellent. Long may that continue.

I certainly didn't expect us to be in a "comfortable" top-half position as I thought this would be a difficult division, but full credit to Micky - he got us up against all the odds last season and his signings over the summer have clearly taken us up another level. Now, he's even given a youngster a go.

So, fair play to him - he's doing an absolutely smashing job right now and deserves an awful lot of credit IMO.

What does go unnoticed is he is not afraid to drop players for poor performances, yet when they come back they seem to have the bit between their teeth and want to keep the shirt. Chris Lines and JMW to mention 2.

We have also had quite a tough campaign so far. We have some of the lower teams to come in coming weeks. Crewe, Stevenage, Notts County.

I know some dont like Micky but i do hope that they can at least realise what a great job he is doing and has done so far at our football club considering the shambles we were when he arrived, the awful goings on when he was here, and where we are now.

Huge credit to Micky.

Long may he reign, maybe his more relaxed and happier mood is partially due to less pain in his hip, and also progress in the league. The pressure to be promoted from the 2nd has been lifted, consolidation is sufficient this season, play-offs would be an unexpected bonus. Most of his signings are starting to gel, I did not realise that Duffy had played against England and Brazil, although friendlies it is still an experience.

Have Gillingham appointed a full time manager yet?

Don't spoil a good, positive thread by being a complete wand.

I can't agree with Rob more. Micky has done a tremendous job over the past two years and I'm not sure I could think of a manager in the bottom two leagues that could have done as well as him, under the circumstances. I think even the skeptics would have to congratulate his efforts

I like others on here have had a moan about him in the past but no doubting his achievement for us,with the help of Smurf,players and backroom staff of course too,they also deserve credit,considering where we were when he came he has worked wonders really.

Sadly I think he and Smurf knows that he now holds all the aces as he will be much sought after in the summer I fear.

Archived