onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Micky Adams

cheshirevaliant

I would echo the comments of some on here. I too, have found myself doubting the man this season. Mainly due to his insistence on playing a winning team, despite the fact the team we play next are a completely different kettle of fish to our previous opponents. We've come unstuck a few times with this tactic over the last year or so as teams pretty much know how we're going to turn up and have been able to outplay us, especially in this league when the standard has been higher.

I've seen Mickey be far more proactive than reactive on this in recent weeks and we have reaped the rewards. His man management skills and his transfer market activity are excellent, now that he's upping his game tactically we are playing well above our station and we have the man himself to thank for that.

Advert

I agree with the thread, Micky has made better subs this year, not been afraid to drop 'stars' (even Pope) and the biggest point for me is started to bring through academy player(s). I would also chuck a mention in for Rob Page, stepped up whilst Micky was in hospital and picked up points. I also think we've generally been a technically better team since Page joined.

I would also chuck a mention in for Rob Page, stepped up whilst Micky was in hospital and picked up points. I also think we've generally been a technically better team since Page joined.

Plus scout George Foster. I notice Micky was at pains to credit him with scouting out Jordan Hugill. I guess having a permanent scout is a real boon to the coaching staff and Micky is naturally keen to keep him.

I would also agree with that.

Despite Radio Stoke's insistence that his interviews are said with a cheeky grin that doesn't help those who are merely listening to him - so whether deliberate or not, during the end of the last season his interviews always sounded a bit passive-aggressive. I must say that in recent weeks, he seems to be much more upbeat and I thought the post-match Shrewsbury interview was excellent. Long may that continue.

I certainly didn't expect us to be in a "comfortable" top-half position as I thought this would be a difficult division, but full credit to Micky - he got us up against all the odds last season and his signings over the summer have clearly taken us up another level. Now, he's even given a youngster a go.

So, fair play to him - he's doing an absolutely smashing job right now and deserves an awful lot of credit IMO.

Well said Rob--I totally agree with your sentiments. Let's hope that the chairman does!!

I have criticised Micky in the past, and doubted him. But I have warmed to him immeasurably this season and would like him to stay. I didn't expect us to be 9th, a third of the way through the season, 3 points of the play offs, that's for certain. As with Doug Loft, they have both pleasingly proved me wrong this season.

Why would Micky leave you numbskulls? He's at a club with good resources, he's loved by the majority of fans, great stadium set-up...

He tried and the grass was deffo not greener, he'd only be tempted by a good championship club I suspect, one that's not dying of death in the relegation zone.

Fear not, I'm sure he'll be here next season! The way were improving, we may well be dicing with the play-offs anyway...

I have criticised Micky in the past, and doubted him. But I have warmed to him immeasurably this season and would like him to stay. I didn't expect us to be 9th, a third of the way through the season, 3 points of the play offs, that's for certain. As with Doug Loft, they have both pleasingly proved me wrong this season.

WOW!!!! Go smacked!

Why would Micky leave you numbskulls? He's at a club with good resources, he's loved by the majority of fans, great stadium set-up...

He tried and the grass was deffo not greener, he'd only be tempted by a good championship club I suspect, one that's not dying of death in the relegation zone.

Fear not, I'm sure he'll be here next season! The way were improving, we may well be dicing with the play-offs anyway...

Steady progress makes happy fans. Steady increase in gates makes happy Norman. Happy club everybody happy.

Archived