onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Does crime pay then?

For Us All

Advert

Fundamentally.People are so poor in this city they revert to stealing. The TORY non democratically elected PCC don't like it as the Sunday Express says its wrong. The Police (who know a scumbag when they see one) take pity on them and give them food. Are we that intolerant of the poor now in this country and city?

If they had gone to the Shik temple they would have fed them as its part of their religious belief.

I just wonder if the police would be so sympathetic if someone stole their car to get to the shop to steal the food?... or robbed someone so they didnt have to steal food?

The reasons why someone did something should be taken into consideration and reflected in their punishment.... not pre judged by the police.

I just wonder if the police would be so sympathetic if someone stole their car to get to the shop to steal the food?... or robbed someone so they didnt have to steal food?

The reasons why someone did something should be taken into consideration and reflected in their punishment.... not pre judged by the police.

The whole point is that the poor in this country are desperate and are driven to taking food. The Police remove the need for them to steal by giving them food vouchers. The Police are able to judge people better than most as dealing with people is what they do.There but for the grace of god etc.

I cant disagree with your first sentence.

As for the police judging people I have to disagree, its not their job to judge and in a lot of cases when they do they do it badly.... Hillsborough... kettling death... etc etc etc all bad examples but it is important that the police are not seen to judge.

I have no problem with the police directing the people to the food bank.

There are currently three..guilty, not gulity and not proven..one could argue that the last is a middle ground..not proven has existed for 100s of years and is sometimes jokingly referred to as "not guilty and don't do it again" :) Will it continue to survive?

The not guilty was forced into the system by advocates, it wasnt part of the original system but added an extra option of not guilty.... the interpretations over the years of not proven have distorted its original meaning.... Im not sure but I doubt a judge could consider previous "not proven" cases to determine a sentence when an accused is found guilty [proven].

Who brought in Geography????

If you are content to think that elections where nobody voted for people they knew nothing about was democratic you are as foolish as you are bigoted.

Funnily enough the real story is explained here

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-stoke-staffordshire-23667515

People who were starving were given food. Whats wrong with that???

Bigoted,I remember a bloke called Gordon Brown calling a lifelong Labour supporter a bigot.Gillian Duffy dared to ask a sensible question about immigration and was accused of being 'a bigoted woman'.

It's a case of,if you don't like the question,call them a bigot.

People had better get used to others challenging immigration,because it isn't going to go away.

People who were starving were given food. Whats wrong with that???

Fine..why don't you put a sign outside your front door inviting people who are desperate for food to come in and empty your house of food?

People who are starving would be given food. What's wrong with that?

Of course we have to help the needy but we also must not in any way reward criminal behaviour..punish them for their crime and feed them

Fine..why don't you put a sign outside your front door inviting people who are desperate for food to come in and empty your house of food?

Of course we have to help the needy but we also must not in any way reward criminal behaviour..punish them for their crime and feed them

Why don't we just hang them instead if that will keep you happy.

Why on earth would you post that? Makes no sense given my previous post.....

"Of course we have to help the needy but we also must not in any way reward criminal behaviour..punish them for their crime and feed them"

plus my regularly stated objection to the death penalty in all circumstances.

I'll ask you again......

Why don't you put a sign outside your front door inviting people who are desperate for food to come in and empty your house of food?

PR disaster for the police,who were seen to be rewarding criminal behaviour.If this poor guy was starving,there were more avenues to pursue before resorting to stealing.Food banks were introduced for exactly this type of situation.

He could just pop round to John James' place..he'd feed him without hesitation;)

Archived