onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Where will we be watching Coventry v Vale????

Advert

Dont think Walsall's ground is big enough personally, off the top of me head i think the capacity is only 8_ 10,000.

If you read the article the club are budgeting for gates of 6000! They can't sell any ST's until they know where they're playing. And some OVF's are concerned how many ST's we've sold.

Surely its better than Hinckley Utd or NEne Park?!

Read the article! It says they're in discussions with 3 League Clubs - neither of these are in the League. One could have been VP had we not been outside the 30 mile radius of Coventry mentioned.

What a complete mess. This is just another example from a list of many that shows what an absolute disaster selling your ground off for short term financial gain can be.

When will clubs learn that without the asset of a ground they are never far from oblivion. What is any club without the clubhouse?

If you read the article the club are budgeting for gates of 6000! They can't sell any ST's until they know where they're playing. And some OVF's are concerned how many ST's we've sold.

I'm not certain but, i think Coventry get gates approx. double that.

Fair enough, some may not be willing to travell that distance for a home match, but with away fans as well, Walsall still wont be big enough.

I would have thought Liecester was closer.

One option and a punishment on Coventry for not having their "own" home stadium is to make their home fixtures as "away" and play again at the oppositions ground but they get the money less expenses incurred by the other teams. Coventry would possibly be relegated and have few supporters at games but if they can't get agreement on using another ground, it is an option.

I'm not certain but, i think Coventry get gates approx. double that.

Fair enough, some may not be willing to travell that distance for a home match, but with away fans as well, Walsall still wont be big enough.

I would have thought Liecester was closer.

Either Brum or Leicester, could depend on hire costs and willingness to share, wear and tear on pitch etc. Not a position to be in, Brighton sharing at Gillingham was horrendous.

One option and a punishment on Coventry for not having their "own" home stadium is to make their home fixtures as "away" and play again at the oppositions ground but they get the money less expenses incurred by the other teams. Coventry would possibly be relegated and have few supporters at games but if they can't get agreement on using another ground, it is an option.

I think it's punishment enough that they're in the state they're in!!

Archived