onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

The March..All take a bow.

old sage

I simply cant sleep, so I thought that I would use my time thanking a lot of people for an amazing march today (well yesterday now)

First up lets dispel a few myths eh. I didn't do an amazing job, you lot did. Though I love getting the credit (its my ego you know. Well that's what a couple of posters have said).

Looking at the photos etc actually brought a tear to my weatherbeaten face. You all who showed their fantastic and peaceful support deserve better than what we are getting from a selfish,self centred, underhand group of people.

I day dreamed about filling Hamil road with marchers. I knew that it was just a dream but guess what you bu66ers made the dream come true thats why I am so proud of you all.

I'm proud of my lad Young Sage, he actually put far more time into this than me but didn't seek any credit. Well I'm giving it to him now, Kev your dad's very proud of you as I am my other two Chris & Matt it was good for us to stand together. Their mum says I never taught them anything but oh yes I did I taught them to have Port Vale in their blood.

I was helped greatly by quite a few others, some of whom I wont mention by name as it could cause trouble from within 'Fawlty Towers'. Thanks for all the supportive texts and pm's as well they were a fine morale boost.

I want to let you all into a little secret, I didn't have to do much apart from talk and I'm a world champ at that.

A BIG THANK YOU TO THE POLICE, THEY DID US AND THEMSELVES PROUD YESTERDAY. WE OFTEN KNOCK THEM AND SOMETIMES CORRECTLY BUT I CAN'T FAULT THEM FOR YESTERDAY SGT BUCHAN(CALL ME JOHN) IN PARTICULAR WAS A STAR. CHEERS

A big thank you to the team for helping our fight and by playing so ****** badly over the last few weeks. You helped our cause no end in a funny sort of way because I know that you want the Vile 2001 away as much as we do and why not if you have any footballing ambitions. You did us proud today though, polished the shooting boots up and reminded us of what you can do. Stick with us lads. With a new board, our great fans and you we have a WINNING TEAM.

It's funny but all the trials and tribulations we have had to endure, the demos.. some I enjoyed more than the awful games in fact. Has brought us closer together I'm sure you will agree. People who I sat with and by but never spoke to have suddenly become friends. I couldn't name you all for fear of missing a dozen out but you have put 'a heart' into Port Vale. We know who the 'good guys' are in all this and I'm 'dead proud' of you all. The 'stripey eyes' may have Wembley but I wouldn't swap it for you lot believe me Wembley is one day you lot are 'for life'. It would be a tragedy if we fail and Vile 2001 remain in situ. So come on Mo, Mark and Kevin with the help of the fans lets 'run 'em out of our town'.

Keep the faith,keep your 'brass' in your pocket. There will be time to spend it on a new season ticket when the new regime is in place.

Finally to those who have already bought a season ticket, who may or probably won't read this boring post of an old man who can't sleep. You think that you are helping the club by your actions. Well I'm sorry folks but in truth you are helping Vile2001 to kill it. It's a case of misguided loyalty I'm sorry to say.

For those who are still reading 'Roll on the EGM' and thanks for yesterday.

Advert

I simply cant sleep, so I thought that I would use my time thanking a lot of people for an amazing march today (well yesterday now)

First up lets dispel a few myths eh. I didn't do an amazing job, you lot did. Though I love getting the credit (its my ego you know. Well that's what a couple of posters have said).

Looking at the photos etc actually brought a tear to my weatherbeaten face. You all who showed their fantastic and peaceful support deserve better than what we are getting from a selfish,self centred, underhand group of people.

I day dreamed about filling Hamil road with marchers. I knew that it was just a dream but guess what you bu66ers made the dream come true thats why I am so proud of you all.

I'm proud of my lad Young Sage, he actually put far more time into this than me but didn't seek any credit. Well I'm giving it to him now, Kev your dad's very proud of you as I am my other two Chris & Matt it was good for us to stand together. Their mum says I never taught them anything but oh yes I did I taught them to have Port Vale in their blood.

I was helped greatly by quite a few others, some of whom I wont mention by name as it could cause trouble from within 'Fawlty Towers'. Thanks for all the supportive texts and pm's as well they were a fine morale boost.

I want to let you all into a little secret, I didn't have to do much apart from talk and I'm a world champ at that.

A BIG THANK YOU TO THE POLICE, THEY DID US AND THEMSELVES PROUD YESTERDAY. WE OFTEN KNOCK THEM AND SOMETIMES CORRECTLY BUT I CAN'T FAULT THEM FOR YESTERDAY SGT BUCHAN(CALL ME JOHN) IN PARTICULAR WAS A STAR. CHEERS

A big thank you to the team for helping our fight and by playing so ****** badly over the last few weeks. You helped our cause no end in a funny sort of way because I know that you want the Vile 2001 away as much as we do and why not if you have any footballing ambitions. You did us proud today though, polished the shooting boots up and reminded us of what you can do. Stick with us lads. With a new board, our great fans and you we have a WINNING TEAM.

It's funny but all the trials and tribulations we have had to endure, the demos.. some I enjoyed more than the awful games in fact. Has brought us closer together I'm sure you will agree. People who I sat with and by but never spoke to have suddenly become friends. I couldn't name you all for fear of missing a dozen out but you have put 'a heart' into Port Vale. We know who the 'good guys' are in all this and I'm 'dead proud' of you all. The 'stripey eyes' may have Wembley but I wouldn't swap it for you lot believe me Wembley is one day you lot are 'for life'. It would be a tragedy if we fail and Vile 2001 remain in situ. So come on Mo, Mark and Kevin with the help of the fans lets 'run 'em out of our town'.

Keep the faith,keep your 'brass' in your pocket. There will be time to spend it on a new season ticket when the new regime is in place.

Finally to those who have already bought a season ticket, who may or probably won't read this boring post of an old man who can't sleep. You think that you are helping the club by your actions. Well I'm sorry folks but in truth you are helping Vile2001 to kill it. It's a case of misguided loyalty I'm sorry to say.

OS, not too sure, but I think there's a poem in there somewhere. I'm going to try anyway (poetic licence permitted. of course) :yes:

OS, not too sure, but I think there's a poem in there somewhere. I'm going to try anyway (poetic licence permitted. of course) :yes:
Get thee pen out Aussie. I bet you wished you had walked over from Tunstall now don't you mate. Seriously mate it was brilliant.

Get thee pen out Aussie. I bet you wished you had walked over from Tunstall now don't you mate. Seriously mate it was brilliant.

Yes, indeed I do OS, and many congratulations to you, your lad, and all who joined in before and after including Morecambe fans, players, Grewy and Boomer.

What an amazing day, more so because it exceeded all expectations and is by far the best possible message to date to Jackson and his mates to "Get out of our 'Club' ===

Great letter Old Sage. Sorry I never got the chance to say hi. I've certainly made a number of friends during these protests. I know you are reluctant to take any credit, but you did "set the wheels in motion" Big thanks to your son for the obvious time and effort that he put in. And to everyone in making it such a brilliant occasion. The you tubes and photos I've seen so far bring a lump to your throat. You couldn't tell how big the march was while in the middle of it. I hope the "failed 5" are embarrassed when they see the coverage. Though they are that thick skinned-probably not. Hopefully the march can prove to be the catalyst and starve em out finishes the job. Hope you finally managed to get some kip OS.

Everyone, absolutely everyone needs to give themselves a pat on the back for showing the doubters that Port Vale fans could act in a non violent way to protest about the way OUR club is being ruined.

It was a wonderful sight to see. I was having a pretty bad day yesterday but I was determined to join in which I did, though could only manage to get half way :rolleyes:

Well done to everyone concerned. :yes:

Is there any access anywhere for us to see some piccies,i hope they have been emailed to EVERY director.

yesterday i felt uplifted as a vale fan and suporter of the combined movement to rid us of the current board to look down the hamil and see so many people brought a lump to the throat and a tear to the eye

i turned to the my lad and said i feel fullfilled somehow it's up to the shareholders now i've done my bit

well done mike

Everyone, absolutely everyone needs to give themselves a pat on the back for showing the doubters that Port Vale fans could act in a non violent way to protest about the way OUR club is being ruined.

It was a wonderful sight to see. I was having a pretty bad day yesterday but I was determined to join in which I did, though could only manage to get half way :rolleyes:

Well done to everyone concerned. :yes:

Its very difficult to walk when you have consumed two bottles of Sherry and a bottle of voddy before lunch Caz.....:drunk:

Great post OS.

Straight from the heart,straight to the point.I had a little lump in my throat reading it so i expect it was more difficult to write.With such unity we WILL win we WILL get rid of Virus 2001.

Archived